JulianBishop Contributor - Level 2 2015-09-17

2015-09-17

Who tours with a X32?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to school for audio production and doing a report on the x32 and hoping to get some information. The topic is about what products are used in bigger concerts and since the x32 is so popular I thought it would be easier to find out who is using them.

Do you know what famous artists are using them? My angle to this report is to show that you don't have to use the biggest most expensive mixer if you don't need all the extra channels ... and that alot of bands were already using it.

Do any of you guys tour with known bands and use the x32?

Thx.

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Who tours with a X32?

Andrew McMahon (from Something Corporate) , Starz (from Canada) and, I think, In The Valley Below all had X32 Racks as their monitor mixer when I worked with them.
Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

While it was not a "big" tour, it was a very difficult one last summer: 22 dates, 12 musicians (mostly winds and percussions + piano, harp and double bass) and 16 children singing and talking on stage. No wireless system allowed for the children: they were dancing and moving a lot, I had to do it all with "invisible" mics, mostly shotguns. So I always specified a digital console, an analog one doesn't give you enough EQ possibilites for each input. And while I got several brands and models, about 50% of the time I had either a Midas, either an X32, including mine when there was nothing else. And my client is so happy he already booked me for next summer Smiley Happy
And from now on, I will always request an X32 or an M32 for sure ! Just my 2 cents.
Contributor - Level 2

A year and a half ago I went to see DevilDriver. Their FOH was an X32 run via an iPad over WiFi. They only sent two channels (Left and Right) to the venue's board.
Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

X32 as monitor console for Machine Head European tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0O3uPxzjXs
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Saw Stick Men (King Crimson members) the other night, either they or the venue (Infinity Hall) used an X32 Rack rear stage with P16's at each mic position. Great show BTW!