Contributor - Level 2

Wifi connection problem with XR-18

I been using my XR-18 for about 6 month now without any wifi connection problems. This past Saturday as I was setting up for our gig I couldn't connect to the XR-18 on my Mac laptop or any of our iPads. we could all see the network but when trying to connect it would fail. Tried it again today at home and still the same problem. Any suggestions?
PaulGoc Contributor - Level 2 2015-10-05

2015-10-05

Wifi connection problem with XR-18

I been using my XR-18 for about 6 month now without any wifi connection problems. This past Saturday as I was setting up for our gig I couldn't connect to the XR-18 on my Mac laptop or any of our iPads. we could all see the network but when trying to connect it would fail. Tried it again today at home and still the same problem. Any suggestions?

• 0 Kudos
  • 9 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Wifi connection problem with XR-18

Paul Goc;60702 wrote:
Any suggestions?

This is JUST a suggestion.

1) Networking (wireless and wired) reset -- hold reset for more than 2 seconds, less than 10.

2) Mixer reset, hold reset for longer than 10 seconds

In both cases, you will need to re-setup networking, in the second one, you will loose your mix/routing configuration. Hopefully you have a scene saved or it's not that hard to redo.

If #2 doesn't work, then the problem is probably wireless. Try a cabled solution! Either way, if it still doesn't work correctly after a mixer reset, you need to start thinking about warranty / support from Behringer.

--Doug (dx9s)
Contributor - Level 2

Already tried that still not working.
Contributor - Level 2

Paul Goc;60721 wrote:
Already tried that still not working.

You tried a wired connection?
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, wired connection works and and external router works as well. Nothing will connect to built in router still. Is it time to call for service?
Super Contributor - Level 1
Triber Moderator

Hi Paul, welcome to the forums!

Did you make sure your antenna is securely fastened to your unit or that it hasn't been damaged in any way?
Michael Lapke
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Mike,
Yes the antenna is connected and in a clear position. I can see the network on all devices but nothing will connect.
Contributor - Level 3

Paul Goc;61501 wrote:
Yes, wired connection works and and external router works as well. Nothing will connect to built in router still. Is it time to call for service?

Question:
1.) For clarification, let me know the position of network switch when you try connect to built-in wifi.
2.) Did you try using "open" setting in built-in AP?
Contributor - Level 2

This seems to be working OK for me now (wi-fi snapshot saves via mac) with v1.2.