RobJohnson Contributor - Level 2 2016-01-20

2016-01-20

Windows 10 Error 43 when XR18 is plugged in.

Hey guys,

Trying to in the the 2.23 driver on 2 different Windows 10 machines so I can record via USB.

I can't install the 2.23 driver because the driver wants the XR to be plugged in and turned on, and plugging the XR into either machine gives the Error 43 USB (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Plug the XR into Windows 8 machine and it works fine.. and it works on a windows 10 machine that was upgraded to 10 after the XR had already been in use.

Both of the machines I am working with are Win10 64, all updates installed and have never had an XR plugged into them.
It's almost like an update for Win10 has come out at some point that has messed something up.

any suggestions besides "Don't use Windows 10"?
I've tried uninstalling the failed device, uninstalling the usb controller, turning off power management of usb slots, unplugging the machine from power to let the usb cache empty... nothing works.

This has nothing to do with the driver because I can't even get that far... it's something between the XR and Windows 10 via USB apparently.

Thank you.

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Windows 10 Error 43 when XR18 is plugged in.

I'm having a similar but not identical trauma. The XR18 simply is no longer recognised as an output device.

I installed on a win 8.1 machine which was fine (amazingly!) and updated to win 10 which also was fine initially. Shortly after some updates I found I couldn't run music from USB no matter what I did. I then set off on this journey of trying to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but simply can't get it to do either. I get a message "this operation requires an interactive window station." which I have never heard of before. Someone even suggested a full windows re-install...!

I have been in the FB group and Michael Lapka has suggested calling the UK helpline to resolve the problem.

I'm pretty resigned to using the headphones out socket of the laptop instead of the USB output.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

You could try USBDeview app to remove all the Behringer USB drivers. Also useful for diagnosing other USB connection problems.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

If you just updated to Windows 10 check you computer manufacturer for motherboard chipset and USB drivers for Windows 10. Don't rely on the Windows 10 generic drivers.
Contributor - Level 2

Richard, I tried that route, still the same issue after deleting the USB drivers that were on board. I eventually had to bite the bullet and re-install (refresh?) Windows. It works a treat now and took about an hour to get the machine working properly again. I will have to now reinstall all the programmes that were removed but that's no biggy. I had loads on there that was just taking up space anyway.

As for the Windows 10 drivers issue, that's a widely known Windows-ism. I had the issue that none of the live tiles would work for me and had to trawl through hundreds of "solutions" before finding one that worked. I don't even remember what it was that I did to resolve that tbh.