Recording

Highlighted

X AIR EDIT for PC (V1.5) touch not working on pop up windows

Contributor - Level 2

Trying this version out on my X18, I noticed that when a dialog box opens I have to use the mouse to close it. For example, if I select the gate tab for channel 1 and choose the vocal preset, the "Load gate preset" dialog box opens. I cant choose "Ok" or "cancel" with the touch screen, even though I can see the touch is working. I have to use a touchpad or mouse to select and close the box. This happens on all the dialog boxes that pop up. I tried version 1.2 and the touch screen works on all dialog boxes. Anybody else notice this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: X AIR EDIT for PC (V1.5) touch not working on pop up windows

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi @kbesig , 

Welcome to the community.  Behringer is using a cross-platform UI library (I can't remember the name off hand) and that library had some known touchscreen issues.  The problems may have been resolved in the library by now but the X-Air Edit app hasn't been updated (recompiled) in over two years. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Contributor - Level 2

Interesting, thanks for that info Ken. They must be due to release a new version so maybe it will be fixed soon. I noticed that version 1.3 doesn't let me edit the channel name by clicking on the box above the solo button. I can do it manually in the scene file though. 

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi @kbesig ,

I finally found the name of the toolkit in some old notes I had taken.  Behringer (and many other companies) are using a cross-platform framework called JUCE.  https://juce.com/

Based on my past experiences with Behringer updating apps to fix "non-critical bugs", I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a release to fix Windows touchscreen issues. 

EDIT: Here's a link to the issue I was referring to:  https://forum.juce.com/t/dialog-not-respond-to-touch-event-on-windows-10/19599

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Ken, that looks like the problem. I will probably try to use 1.3 for now. I play in a duo and would like to be able to have access to the mix while I'm at the microphone. I originally tried the Android version but it limited the number of input channel faders displayed at one time to 8, which is 4 less than would like. The windows version presents almost the opposite problem as it alway displays 16 input faders, plus 1 Aux fader, 4 FX faders + the Main fader. Things get pretty small.

Do you know of any third party apps that could work with the X18?

Super Contributor - Level 1

@kbesig wrote:

Do you know of any third party apps that could work with the X18?

Try Mixing Station XAir - Android or iOS. You can adjust the number of channel strips displayed. You can even design your own screen layout to suit particular requirements. See Mixing Station manual.

Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors