Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X-Air App on Windows 7 Touchscreen: Touch is Intermittent

I've been away from the forum for a while, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I just can't find it.

I have a Dell Precision M6800 "mobile workstation" with the touchscreen option from the factory, and it seems to work intermittently with X-Air-Edit V1.3. The "point splash" or whatever you call it goes off above the mute button, for example, but it often doesn't toggle the mute until I then click the mouse. Sometimes, however, it does, so I have to stop and look before I mistakenly toggle it back, which takes time. Everything else works the same way; the mute was only for example.

Has anyone else seen or perhaps even solved this? Thanks!
AaronDuerksen Contributor - Level 2 2015-12-22

2015-12-22

X-Air App on Windows 7 Touchscreen: Touch is Intermittent

I've been away from the forum for a while, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I just can't find it.

I have a Dell Precision M6800 "mobile workstation" with the touchscreen option from the factory, and it seems to work intermittently with X-Air-Edit V1.3. The "point splash" or whatever you call it goes off above the mute button, for example, but it often doesn't toggle the mute until I then click the mouse. Sometimes, however, it does, so I have to stop and look before I mistakenly toggle it back, which takes time. Everything else works the same way; the mute was only for example.

Has anyone else seen or perhaps even solved this? Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X-Air App on Windows 7 Touchscreen: Touch is Intermittent

Compare it using the mouse.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Gaudioso Nalupa;65531 wrote:
Compare it using the mouse.

I have no idea what that means.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

ops...sorry for that, I did not read all your post from my small device Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I've had issues with other touch programs with windows 7.
Windows 8 and 10 have much better touch screen response.
So my guess would be win 7 and your device.
If you can upgrade your device to 10 you may get way better response from
the touch screen.

Good Luck.
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, you're probably right, Bob. I dual-booted to UbuntuStudio for my last gig and used the Linux app (after explicitly installing the 32-bit libraries), and the touch worked just fine.

So it probably is Windows 7 itself that doesn't work. One of these days, I'll upgrade to 10 like it's been bugging me about, but only if I can pause or transfer things that need to work immediately on-demand.

I know I got it from somewhere on this forum - I just can't find it now - but the command to install the 32-bit libraries on 64-bit Ubuntu and its derivatives is:
[INDENT]sudo apt-get install libx11-6:i386 libxext6:i386 libasound2:i386 libc6:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libgcc1:i386 libxcb1:i386 zlib1g:i386 libpng12-0:i386 libxau6:i386 libxdmcp6:i386[/INDENT]