Contributor - Level 2

X Air Edit V1.2 - what about the tablet apps?

Great to see that there is a great new Version of X-Air Edit available (v1.2)
I Like it! Great Job Behringer.

But: What about the tablet apps?
When do they catch up with the functions?

There are already two updates from X Air Edit out but no update on IOs App so far. The differences between this
platforms are getting bigger and bigger. The IOs App is lacking of fundamential functions like Mute Groups, DCAs, Pan on Master, etc. If you are using IOS app and X Air Edit at same time in live situations, you easily run into an inconsistent status between the programms (f.e. using mute group on X-Air Edit you will run into the issue that you can't unmute channles anymore in IOs IPad App).

Or: Should i only use a Windows Tablet as it seems that X Air Edit will be the mainstram of develpment? But i hate Windows on tablets.
RichyRotter Contributor - Level 2 2015-09-23

2015-09-23

X Air Edit V1.2 - what about the tablet apps?

Great to see that there is a great new Version of X-Air Edit available (v1.2)
I Like it! Great Job Behringer.

But: What about the tablet apps?
When do they catch up with the functions?

There are already two updates from X Air Edit out but no update on IOs App so far. The differences between this
platforms are getting bigger and bigger. The IOs App is lacking of fundamential functions like Mute Groups, DCAs, Pan on Master, etc. If you are using IOS app and X Air Edit at same time in live situations, you easily run into an inconsistent status between the programms (f.e. using mute group on X-Air Edit you will run into the issue that you can't unmute channles anymore in IOs IPad App).

Or: Should i only use a Windows Tablet as it seems that X Air Edit will be the mainstram of develpment? But i hate Windows on tablets.

• 0 Kudos
  • 15 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: X Air Edit V1.2 - what about the tablet apps?

Hi Richy,

We do understand your frustration with the inconsistency of the X AIR Apps compared to the X AIR EDIT Software and are well aware of this and it has been mentioned severals times here in the forums. In regards to the Android and iOS apps, we are continually working on improvements to both of these apps simultaneously in hopes of a release in the near future. Our developers have been hard at work implementing new features and taking direct user feedback into consideration for these future releases.

With the release of X AIR EDIT 1.2 today, the intended functionally the X AIR Mixer is rapidly approaching completion. The X AIR Apps that are currently being worked on will also bring the features set up to par with the X AIR EDIT software. We will be sure to keep the updates coming and share any new information as it becomes available on the next set of releases. We appreciate your continued patience during this update process.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Michael Lapke;59933 wrote:
Hi Richy,

We do understand your frustration with the inconsistency of the X AIR Apps compared to the X AIR EDIT Software and are well aware of this and it has been mentioned severals times here in the forums. In regards to the Android and iOS apps, we are continually working on improvements to both of these apps simultaneously in hopes of a release in the near future. Our developers have been hard at work implementing new features and taking direct user feedback into consideration for these future releases.

With the release of X AIR EDIT 1.2 today, the intended functionally the X AIR Mixer is rapidly approaching completion. The X AIR Apps that are currently being worked on will also bring the features set up to par with the X AIR EDIT software. We will be sure to keep the updates coming and share any new information as it becomes available on the next set of releases. We appreciate your continued patience during this update process.

Hi Michael,

thanks for your update. Its good to see the updates on X Air Edit and i'm not complaining too loud. I know also, that maintaining three platforms is a big chellange.
But at least for me, the usage of an PC/Laptop in live situations is a no go. I only use my Laptop at home to prepare shows, upgrade the device and do backups.
Therefore, having the apps functional complete and stable is very importand for me.

bast rgds,
Richy
Contributor - Level 2

Richy Rotter;59975 wrote:
Hi Michael,

thanks for your update. Its good to see the updates on X Air Edit and i'm not complaining too loud. I know also, that maintaining three platforms is a big chellange.
But at least for me, the usage of an PC/Laptop in live situations is a no go. I only use my Laptop at home to prepare shows, upgrade the device and do backups.
Therefore, having the apps functional complete and stable is very importand for me.

bast rgds,
Richy

You're not wrong feeling the way you do... Behringer has told us themselves that X-Edit is not meant for live mixing, but for pre-game setup.. and that the apps are what we are to use during live mixing... Therefore we must rely on the apps to perform the primary function of what we purchased this mixer to do, not X-Edit.

I have yet to use my XR18 for a real live gig because I'm still waiting on the Android app to be brought up to speed. And I've almost owned it a year now. Smiley Happy
Contributor - Level 2

Rob Johnson;60021 wrote:
You're not wrong feeling the way you do... Behringer has told us themselves that X-Edit is not meant for live mixing, but for pre-game setup.. and that the apps are what we are to use during live mixing... Therefore we must rely on the apps to perform the primary function of what we purchased this mixer to do, not X-Edit.

I have yet to use my XR18 for a real live gig because I'm still waiting on the Android app to be brought up to speed. And I've almost owned it a year now. Smiley Happy

Don't wait man. It's totally useable now. Have nearly a dozen gigs under my belt and couldn't be much happier (could have more features but, still happy).
Contributor - Level 3

Behringer has told us themselves that X-Edit is not meant for live mixing

That was before v.1.2. With the new GUI and extra features I would have thought that X Air Edit was much better equipped for live mixing now with a suitable touch screen monitor or Windows tablet.
Volunteer Moderator

I agree with Richard and Abraham and would not hesitate in using it for a live event, particularly with this update.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

I completely agree... but that's my point.

X-Edit has always been a better live solution than the apps... And it's not even supposed to be used for live mixing according to Behringer.

It's a total indictment on the apps... They need to be brought up to a level that they are intended for... Live mixing.

I went off of what Behringer said that X-Edit was for setup and the Android and iPad apps were for live mixing... I invested in Android tablets as my live mixing choice between that and iPad. I have a Windows laptop for safety net running X-Edit and recording. But Android as my remote mixer. Still can't really use it for what I need yet. It's close but not quite there.
Contributor - Level 3

The XAir Edit app is perfectly fine for mixing from. You also want a backup just in case something goes wrong with your wireless or tablet. I have never read anywhere that the XAir Edit app was never ment to mix from I prefer mixing from the XAir Edit app from my laptop and do miner ajustment from a tablet.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Gerald Campbell;60037 wrote:
The XAir Edit app is perfectly fine for mixing from.

Again, that's exactly what I said. X-Edit is far superior at live mixing than the live mixing Android and iPad apps... thus the problem with the apps.

Gerald Campbell;60037 wrote:
I have never read anywhere that the XAir Edit app was never ment to mix from.

It's been stated multiple times that X-Edit is more for pre-show setup and the Android and iPad apps are for live mixing. But as it stands now, X-Edit is best for both. Which goes back to my point. It's now time for the apps to be brought up to par... Especially the Android app as it has seen only one minor update in what is getting close to a year.