Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

X Air Orientation

Contributor - Level 2
Is there a way to make the android X Air app go in portrait mode when you turn your tablet to that orientation?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: X Air Orientation

Contributor - Level 2
Mine does that automaticly, provided you have 'Automatic Rotation' on in Android.
(I don't know if that is the exact term, because mine is not in English)

Contributor - Level 2
My auto rotate is on but when I put my phone or tablet in portrait the mixer stays in landscape.

Volunteer Moderator
Hi David,

I'm not sure about the official X-Air app for android, but in Mixing Station App Setup, you can lock the orientation to landscape, portrait or auto.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 2
Paul Vannatto;158571 wrote:
Hi David,

I'm not sure about the official X-Air app for android, but in Mixing Station App Setup, you can lock the orientation to landscape, portrait or auto.

Thanks Paul. Yes I did try Mixing Station and its awesome. I was fooling around with the stock app as it is a full version and was wondering if there was a way to make it portrait mode.

Volunteer Moderator
David Tapp;158580 wrote:
I was fooling around with the stock app as it is a full version

Actually it is not a full version. As I mentioned, it is an older port of Mixing Station and hasn't been updated for some time. Mixing Station on the other hand is constantly being updated with new features and bug fixes, including the landscape/portrait/automatic mode.

was wondering if there was a way to make it portrait mode.

I just checked and I do have it on my phone (but never use it) and no, there is no setting to change it to portrait mode.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 2
Thanks Paul,

Mixing Station it is then.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors