Contributor - Level 1

X Air doesn't see xr18/connected directly via ethernet

Hey everyone,

Got my xr18 last week, got the x air app on my imac for use in my project studio and connected directly with the ethernet cable. It recognized it, I updated the firmware and was able to use it.

Now, I can't get the mixer to show up in the app no matter what. Its plugged in, switch is set to ethernet on the mixer, etc. I connected with andrpid and it worked over wifi just fine. Same when I connect to it over wifi on my imac. Its just the lan that won't seem to register, but that's the one I'd like to use!

I'm using el capitan, btw. Love the product and also if anyone can recommend a good wifi router to use to get a good strong signal whenI take this thing out to use live, I'd greatly appreciate it!
RandyCarrier Contributor - Level 1 2016-05-20

2016-05-20

X Air doesn't see xr18/connected directly via ethernet

Hey everyone,

Got my xr18 last week, got the x air app on my imac for use in my project studio and connected directly with the ethernet cable. It recognized it, I updated the firmware and was able to use it.

Now, I can't get the mixer to show up in the app no matter what. Its plugged in, switch is set to ethernet on the mixer, etc. I connected with andrpid and it worked over wifi just fine. Same when I connect to it over wifi on my imac. Its just the lan that won't seem to register, but that's the one I'd like to use!

I'm using el capitan, btw. Love the product and also if anyone can recommend a good wifi router to use to get a good strong signal whenI take this thing out to use live, I'd greatly appreciate it!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X Air doesn't see xr18/connected directly via ethernet

Hi Randy,
to see XR18 with a direct ethernet cable you need to be in the same sub-network with your iMac.
As far as I remember XR18 ethernet interface is a DHCP client by deafult, it means it waits for someone which gives it an IP address.
To do it you can either configure two static addresses to the network interfaces of XR18 and iMac or (better IMHO) set the XR18 as the DHCP server for the ethernet connection, you can do it in the setup section when you are connected to the mixer with wifi, in this way the XR18 will give a correct address to the iMac as a router will do.
"Music is the closest thing to magic that we have"
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X Air doesn't see xr18/connected directly via ethernet

Randy Carrier;76721 wrote:

Go with a good dual band at a minimum. I prefer one with external antennas. If you are going to have more than one or two devices connected for example:members in bands controlling in ears, than I would go tri band.

The tri band has two separate 5 ghz radios. You can connect your primary to one radio and give it priority over the others and have the band members connect to the other radio. That way if someone has a slow connection it wont slow down the whole router.