Contributor - Level 1

X/M 32 cards as a media interface

I dont know who to send this idea to, but it would be nice if Behringer (or Midas name) had a simple 1U box that we could put 2 X cards in as a media converter. Digico has the new Orange Box line up and It would be nice to have something at a simple price point for interfacing. I could use something simple like this in my live and studio setups.
MatthewBell Contributor - Level 1 2017-05-30

2017-05-30

X/M 32 cards as a media interface

I dont know who to send this idea to, but it would be nice if Behringer (or Midas name) had a simple 1U box that we could put 2 X cards in as a media converter. Digico has the new Orange Box line up and It would be nice to have something at a simple price point for interfacing. I could use something simple like this in my live and studio setups.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X/M 32 cards as a media interface

Given the price of an X32 Core, just buy 2 of them and link them via AES50...
Contributor - Level 2

This device is already on the market: https://www.music-group.com/Categories/Klarkteknik/Mixers/I-O-Interfaces/DN9650/p/P0AFT

Converts AES50 to Madi, Dante, USB, or hardware redundant AES50, does sample rate conversion and acts as a high quality clock if needed.
Contributor - Level 3

But at quite a hefty price! Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

For device of this quality, the price is pretty affordable. If you want great stuff, you will have to pay for great stuff. Just like you want to be paid good for doing good work.