Hi Dennis, I have been trying to get it to work but I have failed so far... could you do a step by step instructions for windows 10.
Do you have to connect both the x-touch and laptop with ethernet cable while entering the details into rtpMIDI? Or have the laptop connected to the x-touch via USB? Or is it OK to have the laptop connected to the network by wifi?
I entered the info on the rtpMIDI but when I try connecting the x-touch to the DAW (Reape) over wifi nothing happens, but everyting seems working fine if I pug the USB from the x-touch to the laptop.
Hi @IeSugnu ,
It's all TCP/IP so Ethernet vs. WiFi doesn't matter other than for performance (i.e. latency over WiFi).
Here's what I did:
1. Install and launch rtpMIDI
2. Under the "My Sessions" window click on the "+" button to add a new session.
3. Click on the box next to the new session to Enable it. (Remember the session name. You'll need it for Reaper setup)
4. Under the "Participants" window (which should be empty) you should see an Address (x.x.x.x:5004). Make note of that IP address.
5. Over on the X-Touch, hold down CH01 Select while powering on.
6, Using Encoder 1, set the Mode to "MC".
7. Using Encoder 2, set the Ifc to "Network".
8. Using Encoder 3 set the Network to "Mode".
9. Using Encoder 4 set the Role to "Master".
10 Using Encoder 5 set the SlvPort to "5004". (Note that's the same port # from step 4)
11. Using Encoder 3 set the Network to "Slv IP".
12. Using Encoders 4-7, set the IP address to the same IP address as noted in step 4.
13. Press the CH01 Select button to save the settings.
14. After a few seconds you should see "X-TOUCH" show up in the "Participants" window. Otherwise, you have to stop and figure out why you aren't connected.
15. Start Reaper.
16. Click on Options->Preferences->Control/OSC/web.
17. Click "Add" to add a new control surface.
18. For Control Surface Mode, select Mackie Control Universal.
19. For MIDI Input and Output, select the rtpMIDI session name from Step 3.
20. Click "OK" to save and then "OK" again to close Preferences.
21. Right click in the TCP and Insert a new track.
22. The fader for Track 1 should move to unity.
23. Press Mute and Solo in Reaper and on the X-Touch to confirm you're connected.
Post any questions.