Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X-Touch Firmware version

What is the procedure to view the current firmware revision that is active in the X-Touch unit? I can see no mention of this in the documents for the unit nor for the firmware update files themselves.

Thanks, -Jn-
-Jn-
JeffGNewell Contributor - Level 2 2015-11-08

2015-11-08

X-Touch Firmware version

What is the procedure to view the current firmware revision that is active in the X-Touch unit? I can see no mention of this in the documents for the unit nor for the firmware update files themselves.

Thanks, -Jn-

• 0 Kudos
  • 14 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X-Touch Firmware version

On the flagship x-touch the version numbers are displayed briefly on its display when you power on the device. On the mini and compact there is no display so I can only assume that the editor will tell you the installled firmware.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

On the next firmware update, can you guys fix the transport control for Reason? Right now, the X-Touch "click" button on the transport turns the loop on/off on Reason's transport, and the X-Touch "solo" button turns the click track on/off on Reason's transport.

This isn't how the MCU works, if I remember correctly.
Contributor - Level 2

Are previous firmware revisions available, or can they be posted / emailed? I am having ProTools metering issues with my version 1.14 (though it may well be the hardware unit as well, please see my other created thread), and I would like to downgrade to 1.13 again. Possible? Were there firmware versions even below that, or are they internal to Behringer Testing? Thanks very much.
Triber Moderator

Dylan Day;62773 wrote:
On the next firmware update, can you guys fix the transport control for Reason? Right now, the X-Touch "click" button on the transport turns the loop on/off on Reason's transport, and the X-Touch "solo" button turns the click track on/off on Reason's transport.

This isn't how the MCU works, if I remember correctly.

This is all determined by how Reason implements Mackie Control so you will need to consult your DAW's documentation on how these control protocols are implemented in the software for clarification.

Scott Brewster;63363 wrote:
Are previous firmware revisions available, or can they be posted / emailed? I am having ProTools metering issues with my version 1.14 (though it may well be the hardware unit as well, please see my other created thread), and I would like to downgrade to 1.13 again. Possible? Were there firmware versions even below that, or are they internal to Behringer Testing? Thanks very much.

Older versions of the X-TOUCH firmware other than the ones listed on our website are not available for download. I will tell you that the issue you describe is is no way related to the 1.14 firmware update so it's likely not the cause.

This is more likely caused by your version of Pro Tools and how it implements HUI protocol. Have you tried searching online for anyone else who may be experiencing this with the Mackie Control Universal units using your version of Pro Tools?
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Michael Lapke;63572 wrote:
This is all determined by how Reason implements Mackie Control so you will need to consult your DAW's documentation on how these control protocols are implemented in the software for clarification.

Older versions of the X-TOUCH firmware other than the ones listed on our website are not available for download. I will tell you that the issue you describe is is no way related to the 1.14 firmware update so it's likely not the cause.

This is more likely caused by your version of Pro Tools and how it implements HUI protocol. Have you tried searching online for anyone else who may be experiencing this with the Mackie Control Universal units using your version of Pro Tools?

Both of my X-Touches shipped with v1.13 and had to be manually updated. If I had a problem with the v1.14 firmware, I would have no way to revert to a working previous version. Pretty dangerous, in my opinion.

My version of ProTools, v10.3.10, is the EXACT same version that Behringer Phone Support has for their testing of ProTools. And they have visually and multiple times confirmed the EXACT same problem. If it's a problem with how ProTools conforms to the HUI standard (doubtful), a firmware patch can likely be created, in much the same way that one was made for Cubase timecode not displaying. Cubase was sending data out, the X-Touch was not displaying it (properly or otherwise). Seems the same is true for the metering issue many ProTools users are concerned with.

I have indeed searched extensively online, and only the X-Touch has the metering issues and other problems described. Mackie Control Universal systems have no issues with metering, and their buttons are labeled to do what they suggest they do, or if not, there is a Lexan overlay available to mask the button names underneath and replace with proper wording, for just about every popular DAW out there, including ProTools.

And as you are aware, ProTools is not some unknown DAW that only a handful of people use. They have thousands of HD and non-HD systems out there, and if the X-Touch UCS is able to properly address the oddities that ProTools users are experiencing, you will sell a great deal more of these units in no time. I know of at least 50 sales that can be made from associates and companies I work with who are "extremely interested in [my] thoughts on how it works for [me] ..."
Contributor - Level 2

firmware 1.14 improvements

Michael Lapke;63572 wrote:

Can you list the improvements in the 1.14 update? i have firmware 1.13 which came with the controller and am hesitant to update since you cannot go back. Right now I am getting most of the functions I need so why should I change? BTW, my DAW Cubase. Thanks.
Volunteer Moderator

Georges Lozano;63706 wrote:
Can you list the improvements in the 1.14 update? i have firmware 1.13 which came with the controller and am hesitant to update since you cannot go back. Right now I am getting most of the functions I need so why should I change? BTW, my DAW Cubase. Thanks.

The only difference I'm informed of is that because of cubase does not follow the mackie mcu protocol in full, a cubase specific change was therefor made in 1.14.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Fingers crossed here that they can make a similar adaptation for ProTools users. Tech Support has specifically been able to replicate the metering issue I and many other have been experiencing under ProTools 10 (and in Tech Support's case, PT11 as well, though one user here has not had the same problem, which is very confusing to say the least)
Contributor - Level 2

Firmware 1.14

Robert Lofgren;63715 wrote:
The only difference I'm informed of is that because of cubase does not follow the mackie mcu protocol in full, a cubase specific change was therefor made in 1.14.

Does it fix the display problem I.e. it does not light up under the MC protocol? Is there a list of what it specifically addresses? Thanks.