Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 Advise

Hey, just looking for advice on what to get.

Want to run most of the bands inputs through an X32, into their own in ears, but at the same time will need to send to FoH (not always an X32, not always time to set up properly as support band).

What I want to do is run lines into X32, or an S16/32, and then have the same input going out of the X32/S16/S32 into the stage box, for FoH. Or do I need to have an analog splitter, to send the input back out?

Is the following possible:

Running X32 Core with S32.
Inputs 1-8 on S32 get sent back out as Outputs 1-8, then Outputs 9-16 are the bands stereo in ear outputs?

Only need 8, as only sending kick, snare, bass DI, Kemper DI x2 and vocals x2 to the in ears/x32 core.

Or is it better to do this/possible with an X32 rack and S16?

Thanks
Tags (1)
JonLuton Contributor - Level 1 2017-02-28

2017-02-28

X32 Advise

Hey, just looking for advice on what to get.

Want to run most of the bands inputs through an X32, into their own in ears, but at the same time will need to send to FoH (not always an X32, not always time to set up properly as support band).

What I want to do is run lines into X32, or an S16/32, and then have the same input going out of the X32/S16/S32 into the stage box, for FoH. Or do I need to have an analog splitter, to send the input back out?

Is the following possible:

Running X32 Core with S32.
Inputs 1-8 on S32 get sent back out as Outputs 1-8, then Outputs 9-16 are the bands stereo in ear outputs?

Only need 8, as only sending kick, snare, bass DI, Kemper DI x2 and vocals x2 to the in ears/x32 core.

Or is it better to do this/possible with an X32 rack and S16?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 Advise

Jon Luton;117765 wrote:
Or do I need to have an analog splitter, to send the input back out?

I'd really suggest this. Then the sound guy will be your friend. Every other solution is botch.
Volunteer Moderator

While it is technically possible to give FoH a created split from your x32 eco-system I think that Florian is right that an analog splitter is the way to go in the end.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.
That actually makes everything a bit cheaper, so that's good!
Thanks
Super Contributor - Level 2

Just run the L/R into the house stagebox, and hand the mixdude an iPad. No muss, no fuss.

For an analog splitter, go to ebay, searchcraigslist.org, or http://www.audiopile.net/PSX
Indianapolis, IN