DennisÅhman Contributor - Level 2 2014-06-09

2014-06-09

X32 Compact cannot sync with IPAD MINI

Hi Guys!

Recently bought the X32C and i would like to remote control this with my Ipad!

The problem is that the Ipad cannot find the X32 through the X32 remote app on the ipad.
Its only says "listening"
I can get it to work with my PC, and also with my Android phone without any issues at all. But not the ipad.

The console is connected to a WS router, and i have set the IP to 10.2.1.5
And the ipad gets its IP from dhcp, so its always different IP, but it starts at 10.2.1.X
And offcourse the subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0

And another wierd thing:

I have an app on the ipad called "fing". This app is used for searching wifi nets and units connected to the network. And in this app i can find the console at the right IP adress, so it is avalible in the network but the app cant just connect to the X32..

I have tested everything! Different IPS and configs, different routers and so on.
Latest update on both app and the console.

What more can i do? Are there any known issues with remote using IPAD mini or the X32 Compact model?
It feels like the app just doesnt work Smiley Sad

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 Compact cannot sync with IPAD MINI

That's Awesome, Joel! Dennis, would that solve your issue too? I just ran into that while trying to add a friends iPad to my network.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

find the X32. My MacBook connected without issue with the 2.1 version of X32-Edit, but the iPad with X32-Mix build 2.2.0.6, would only "listen". I must admit, with so many people around and a schedule to keep, I gave up before trying to manually enter the IP address. I will try that when I retest the system today or tomorrow. I love what Behringer has done with this console system, but I think they fell down in their testing efforts for the latest release of X32-Mix. Apps should "just work", especially when they have always worked, before. I don't feel end-users should have to search for, apply, and test workarounds. Regardless, I'll post back with the results of my testing.
Contributor - Level 2

Jason Haxton;28512 wrote:
find the X32. My MacBook connected without issue with the 2.1 version of X32-Edit, but the iPad with X32-Mix build 2.2.0.6, would only "listen". I must admit, with so many people around and a schedule to keep, I gave up before trying to manually enter the IP address. I will try that when I retest the system today or tomorrow. I love what Behringer has done with this console system, but I think they fell down in their testing efforts for the latest release of X32-Mix. Apps should "just work", especially when they have always worked, before. I don't feel end-users should have to search for, apply, and test workarounds. Regardless, I'll post back with the results of my testing.

Whoops! I lost the first part of this story. I was working a live video shoot and tracking gig yesterday. Everyone was in love with the X32, but it was a bit embarrassing that I couldn't get the X32-Mix app to work. It worked fine with my 1st Generation iPad, but Behringer stopped supporting that OS with the more current X32-Mix builds. I felt I needed to bite the bullet and buy a new iPad (I got the Air) in order to continue to work with the latest builds of the X32 firmware and X32-Mix app... keeping them current and in sync. I was truly surprised when the app failed to find the X32. Of course, I had already given my old iPad to another family member (not sure if it would have worked with the latest firmware, anyhow). And that's why I am disappointed in the testing for this app. I spent a boatload of extra money to get an iPad that would be compatible with the latest and greatest from Behringer. What I got was a broken system. I still need to test manually inputting the IP of the X32. I should have results tomorrow (the console hasn't been unloaded from the truck at this point today). I'm hoping Behringer is able to find and fix this bug in short order.
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Jason,

I don't have an iPad (uses android tablets with Mixing Station - without any connections issues). But most reports of iPad connection issues posted here have been resolved with various changes in parameters and/or router issues. So your connection issue may not be a firmware bug problem. I know if you provide details of how you have it setup, there are a number of iPad/X32 experts here that can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Paul Vannatto;28528 wrote:
Hi Jason,

I don't have an iPad (uses android tablets with Mixing Station - without any connections issues). But most reports of iPad connection issues posted here have been resolved with various changes in parameters and/or router issues. So your connection issue may not be a firmware bug problem. I know if you provide details of how you have it setup, there are a number of iPad/X32 experts here that can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. This is a new issue for me and almost certainly related to the new app on the latest OS and latest firmware. The only things that changed from a flawless system to a broken one were the iPad (with the new version of the app) and the firmware update. The router was on the right IP range and subnet, my Macbook was talking to the X32 via the wifi router (over wifi), and the subnet and IP assigned to the iPad were good. I'll post the results of my testing tomorrow (at the latest). I may even downgrade the X32 firmware and use the old iPad with the older app version, then work up from there, changing one thing at a time, until it breaks. I won't spend that much time, though, if I can apply the workaround of manually inputting the IP of the X32. If I find it's not a bug, I'll cop to it... no problem there Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

What is your default IP address for your router? Make your x32's first 3 ip columns identical to the first 3 columns of the router default and the last something within range. My Belkin is 192.168.2.1 so my X is set to 192.168.2.32 (32 easy for me to remember) your subnet set as usual 255.255.255.0. I connect my ipad to that router wifi network, open x32-Mix and my ipad connects every time. I also use an Asus router sometimes which is default 192.168.1.1, when I use it I set my X32 to 192.168.1.32 and it connects every time. I do have to connect to each router with a bit of a ritual due to using an older ipad but my point here is changing the X32 ip to be aligned with the default router ip and have success every time. Worth a try.
Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

gary higgins;28545 wrote:
What is your default IP address for your router? Make your x32's first 3 ip columns identical to the first 3 columns of the router default and the last something within range. My Belkin is 192.168.2.1 so my X is set to 192.168.2.32 (32 easy for me to remember) your subnet set as usual 255.255.255.0. I connect my ipad to that router wifi network, open x32-Mix and my ipad connects every time. I also use an Asus router sometimes which is default 192.168.1.1, when I use it I set my X32 to 192.168.1.32 and it connects every time. I do have to connect to each router with a bit of a ritual due to using an older ipad but my point here is changing the X32 ip to be aligned with the default router ip and have success every time. Worth a try.

All - The "bug" was in my brain, not in the software. It had been so long since I first configured the app on my old iPad that I never even considered having to manually add the X32 IP into the app. Honestly, I don't remember if I had to do that before, or if the app went out and found it on it's own. I thought it was capable of finding the X32 by itself, but I must be wrong. Thanks to all who read and replied. I apologize for your time spent on this, but I'm sure having your advice on this thread will help others.