Contributor - Level 2

X32 Core firmware and App

Reading about the new update for the X32, I see the software for the Core at it's download page is still in the 2.xx. Does the Core use the same software as the console and the rack? Or does it have it's own versions of firmware and apps?
Tags (1)
DanielBecker Contributor - Level 2 2016-09-07

2016-09-07

X32 Core firmware and App

Reading about the new update for the X32, I see the software for the Core at it's download page is still in the 2.xx. Does the Core use the same software as the console and the rack? Or does it have it's own versions of firmware and apps?

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 Core firmware and App

Hi Daniel,

Yes the Core uses the same software and firmware as the other X32. If they are still not there, feel free to download from the other X32 pages.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you Paul.
Contributor - Level 2

Using the Core?

Can I just connect my computer via the Ethernet cable directly to it and run the Core, or does the Core still need to be set up with IP address etc?
Volunteer Moderator

Daniel Becker;83946 wrote:
Can I just connect my computer via the Ethernet cable directly to it and run the Core, or does the Core still need to be set up with IP address etc?

The x32 will auto-assign an ip-address if a dhcp server isn't available. However, one must make sure that no one has changed the ip assignment from dhcp to static at a previous time.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Robert Lofgren;83947 wrote:
The x32 will auto-assign an ip-address if a dhcp server isn't available. However, one must make sure that no one has changed the ip assignment from dhcp to static at a previous time.

But that is if I'm going through a router? Can I just connect my PC directly to the Core?
Volunteer Moderator

No, auto-assign are for those cases where a router/dhcp server is absent.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Robert Lofgren;84002 wrote:
No, auto-assign are for those cases where a router/dhcp server is absent.

Ok, thank you.
Volunteer Moderator

Here is some info on the subject:

http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_DHCPAutoconfigurationAutomaticPrivateIPAddressingA.htm