Recording

X32 Rack Channel button - is mine working properly???

Contributor - Level 2
Help!! Guys - hope someone with an X32 rack can help me out here? Am I correct in thinking that when you rotate the rotary knob "Channel" (the main one to the left of the screen) that the screen should change for the corresponding input (i.e if you are on Channel 1 input you see the input name etc on the LCD screen- and when you switch to channel 2 then the screen changes to the input 2 settings)? Is that correct - as ours doesn't do that - the knob turns and the number above changes to 2,3,4 etc - but the screen stays on Channel 1 settings?

Also when you PRESS the knob - is it meant to change the selection to "Aux" 'Bus" 'DCA" etc ?? As our knob pushes in but nothing happens? - it stays on "In" - is that correct???

The problem we are having is that the XLR outputs - which we use as the Mix Bus outputs for our in ears - don't seem to be working?? We've gone gone through the settings a hundred times - they simply don't work - and what's bizarre is that the Aux outs we use for the Wireless in-ears are working fine and reflect what the mixer says - whereas we can't get anything from the XLR outs......and that led us to look at the screen when we noticed the screen wasn't changing when we twisted the knob and nor could we select the Aux or Bus channels by pushing the knob in ?

So I'm wondering if there is a factory re-set we can use perhaps to get it back to the original settings - and then if the button still doesn't work then whether its a hardware fault?? It is running the latest 3.07 firmware - we have tried backdating to both 3.04 and indeed 2.16 firmware to see if that made any difference - but nothing changed. We have a gig tomorrow night and wanted to use the X32 ARghhhhh!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: X32 Rack Channel button - is mine working properly???

Contributor - Level 2
No, the knob cycles through all sections, pressing jumps to the selected channel in the selected section.

Volunteer Moderator
Rotating the knob give you immediate access to the solo, mute and gain controls for the shown channel.

By pressing the knob you select to view the channel on the lcd that will give you channel access to the controls below the lcd.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted

Contributor - Level 2
Now that it is clear, that the knob works correctly, did you check your output and XLR out routing?

Contributor - Level 1

NO, that is not what the Quick Start Guide says. It says: By pressing the knob you can jump to the next type of channels...

Contributor - Level 1

Mine doesn't do that either. It doesn't jump to the next type of channels.

Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors