Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 Rack model Questions

I have a few questions about the X32 Rack mixer specifically.

1. Does the Main L/R automatically send through Out 7/8?

2 . Can the Main L/R be combined into a mono out, so that there is both a mono and a stereo feed? If so, how would one go about doing that?

3. I'm wondering what the L/R TRS connectors labeled "Monitor" are for?

4. I was originally considering the XR18 and see that the X32 has 8 FX channels, but I only understand how to access the first 4. Am I missing something?

Sorry to be so needy. I'm just a self-taught church volunteer.
Tags (1)
DanielBarnhart Contributor - Level 2 2017-04-17

2017-04-17

X32 Rack model Questions

2 . Can the Main L/R be combined into a mono out, so that there is both a mono and a stereo feed? If so, how would one go about doing that?

4. I was originally considering the XR18 and see that the X32 has 8 FX channels, but I only understand how to access the first 4. Am I missing something?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 Rack model Questions

Daniel Barnhart;121918 wrote:

Welcome to the forum Daniel. Glad to hear that you are interested in the X32 Rack. I'm a fan of them too. Smiley Very Happy

The factory default has them set going out the XLR 7/8. But they can be assigned to any outputs in the Routing screens (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet Out).

Yes the M/C bus will do that. Simply send the Main LR to the mono M/C in the sends tab.
:edit: not correct. But you can use a mono matrix to do the same (thanks Craig).

That is for the monitor bus - same as the headphones output, used for soloing channels, etc. to studio monitors, etc.

How do you mean by "access"? You can see/setup/assign all 8 Fx slots in the Effects screen. The first 4 slots are typically assigned to the last 4 mixbuses (13-16) then the wet signals returned on the Aux layer (Aux 9-16) as side chaining type fx. The last 4 Fx slots are typically used as insert type of effects, such as graphics EQ for monitor sends or main LR.

That is just fine Daniel. So was I when I joined the forum over 4 years ago. We now have a lot of seasoned "experts" that will get you up and running in no time. Just keep asking questions. That is what I did.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Re point 2: I didn't think you could route LR to the M\C bus. If you want you can route individual channels to M\C (useful for aux-fed subs etc,) but you can't route the LR bus there itself. Instead though you can route LR to a mono matrix (you've got 6 of them,) the matrix will do the summing, then route that matrix to a physical output socket.
Volunteer Moderator

Craig Fowler;121926 wrote:
Re point 2: I didn't think you could route LR to the M\C bus. If you want you can route individual channels to M\C (useful for aux-fed subs etc,) but you can't route the LR bus there itself. Instead though you can route LR to a mono matrix (you've got 6 of them,) the matrix will do the summing, then route that matrix to a physical output socket.

Oops, my goof (senior's moment). Thanks for correcting this Craig. I've used the LR sends to a mono matrix many times and it works fine. Also if you use the aux-fed method (sending channels to mono M/C) and select the M/C Depends on Main LR setting (in the Setup, Mixer screen) the Main LR can act as a DCA to the mono M/C master fader.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Alternatively you can assign each individual channel/bus to the Mono/Centre channel alongside the L/R routing in the Main tab for each channel/bus. And, as Paul says, in the Setup pages you can link the M/C fader to the master L/R one so that the mono output levels follow the Main outputs.
Contributor - Level 2

One difference I found between the x32 edit software and the x air edit is that with the x air when you click to mix a bus any additional user created utility windows stayed in the LR mix so you could view the mail mix and a bus mix at the same time. Can the x32 edit be made to behave the same way?
Contributor - Level 3

In the latest X32 Edit app for desktop computers you have two User layers that you can create as you want and save. Also you can edit and resave any of the default Banks of faders by clicking on the buttons on the left, upon which the Save, Load, Move and Edit icons will appear above.