Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 Rack, not working with Windows 10

Hi everyone.

I bought an X32 Rack about a year ago, and it has been working great as a live mixer and as an interface in my recording studio.
A couple of days ago I upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now it won't recognize/connect to the X32.
When I open the X-USB Control Panel, it says "No devices connected.". It seems like the drivers are installing correctly, no crashes and no error messages, although when I go under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, it says the X-USB is connected, but the status is "Driver Error".

I have tried;
- Reinstalling X-USB ASIO Driver 3.34, several times
- Updating the X32 to Firmware 3.07
- All USB inputs
- New USB cable
- Troubleshooting in Windows
- Disabling Windows Defender

Plugging it into my older laptop with Windows 7, it works like a charm. So is this a compatibility issue, or is something perhaps wrong with my Windows 10 USB drivers? It worked with no problems whatsoever when it had Windows 8 installed.

Thanks for any help!
Tags (1)
HenryHaugen Contributor - Level 1 2017-03-06

2017-03-06

X32 Rack, not working with Windows 10

Hi everyone.

I bought an X32 Rack about a year ago, and it has been working great as a live mixer and as an interface in my recording studio.
A couple of days ago I upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now it won't recognize/connect to the X32.
When I open the X-USB Control Panel, it says "No devices connected.". It seems like the drivers are installing correctly, no crashes and no error messages, although when I go under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, it says the X-USB is connected, but the status is "Driver Error".

I have tried;
- Reinstalling X-USB ASIO Driver 3.34, several times
- Updating the X32 to Firmware 3.07
- All USB inputs
- New USB cable
- Troubleshooting in Windows
- Disabling Windows Defender

Plugging it into my older laptop with Windows 7, it works like a charm. So is this a compatibility issue, or is something perhaps wrong with my Windows 10 USB drivers? It worked with no problems whatsoever when it had Windows 8 installed.

Thanks for any help!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 Rack, not working with Windows 10

There is a known problem with installing the latest USB drivers onto Win 10 PCs. This is down to a file signing problem that Win 10 now insists on. I believe that Behringer are working on a fix to get the driver properly signed for Windows 10 installations. For now, if you can find it, try using the older USB drivers.
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 Rack, not working with Windows 10

Richard YClark;118367 wrote:
a file signing problem that Win 10 now insists on.

There is a possibility to switch off the file-signing-check in win10.
You can find it in "change windows startoptions".

Maybe that can solve the problem.