Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 - S16 Wireless?

Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of an early X32 and have two S16's and four P16m's which I am really happy with.
Most weekends I only use the X32 FOH and one S16 etc. and a couple of the P16's on stage, and always have to run out my trusty Cat5 cable.
My question is, can anyone suggest a way of connecting Wirelessly between the X32 and S16 via a wireless hub?
If so what hardware do I need and what is the minimum spec?
Looking forward to some happy news.
Kind regards,
Dave Lawrence
Tags (1)
DaveLawrence Contributor - Level 1 2015-05-06

2015-05-06

X32 - S16 Wireless?

Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of an early X32 and have two S16's and four P16m's which I am really happy with.
Most weekends I only use the X32 FOH and one S16 etc. and a couple of the P16's on stage, and always have to run out my trusty Cat5 cable.
My question is, can anyone suggest a way of connecting Wirelessly between the X32 and S16 via a wireless hub?
If so what hardware do I need and what is the minimum spec?
Looking forward to some happy news.
Kind regards,
Dave Lawrence

Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 - S16 Wireless?

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately this is not possible. This is because the AES50 is not a fully compliant ethernet protocol. So it can't be routed through a standard wireless router. But the OSC control can using the X32 apps (X32-Edit for PC, linux or Mac), X32-Mix for iPad or Mixing Station for android. An alternative is to move the X32 to the stage and control it using one of these apps. That is how I have my dual Rack setup working. It really is a treat mixing without being tethered to a snake.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator