Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 with 2 different S16, how to change default FOH to Output Ch8 and Ch16

So i'm pretty new to X32 console and digital snakes.  If i understand correctly it seems that the FOH out is defaulted to the last 2 channels of the last stage box on the snake (ch7 and ch8 or ch15 and ch16 depending on what stage box your using).  What i'm trying to accomplish is this.  I have two amp racks and i want to mount a S16 in each one.  I would like for my FOH left to be on output ch 8 on the first S16 box and i would like for my FOH right to be on output ch 16 on the second S16 box located in my second amp rack. 

I have went through tons of videos and documentation and nothing I have found so far has talked about anything like this so I figured I would post it here for you experts and experienced folks to help me with.

Any information provided would be greatly appericated.

Tags (2)
jbumgarden Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-03

2020-03-03

X32 with 2 different S16, how to change default FOH to Output Ch8 and Ch16

So i'm pretty new to X32 console and digital snakes.  If i understand correctly it seems that the FOH out is defaulted to the last 2 channels of the last stage box on the snake (ch7 and ch8 or ch15 and ch16 depending on what stage box your using).  What i'm trying to accomplish is this.  I have two amp racks and i want to mount a S16 in each one.  I would like for my FOH left to be on output ch 8 on the first S16 box and i would like for my FOH right to be on output ch 16 on the second S16 box located in my second amp rack. 

I have went through tons of videos and documentation and nothing I have found so far has talked about anything like this so I figured I would post it here for you experts and experienced folks to help me with.

Any information provided would be greatly appericated.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: X32 with 2 different S16, how to change default FOH to Output Ch8 and Ch16

@jbumgarden 

Hello, it matters to a degree how you have your S16's set up but essentially it is only a matter of what you define in the outputs 1-16 routing menu. Output 8 set as Main L and output 16 as Main R. In a typical set up S16 #1 set as out 1-8 (no LED) and S16 #2 set as out 9-16 (+8 LED). Connect the B port of #1 into the A port of #2. Using the default aes50 A output routing.

Capture1.JPG

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

The one thing I have not been able to figure out is how to do the output assignments for master left and right without using the software. Any chance you ha e any direction on that?
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

@jbumgarden 

From the mixer itself? Hit the routing tab and scroll over to out 1-16 or outputs 1-16, (if you have the latest firmware it will be under patch points) scroll down to each output to assign each one, output 8 will then be the main L and output 16=main R

You should have the default aes50a outputs unless you changed them, a quick check of aes50a out routing should show 1-8="out 1-8" and 9-16= "out 9-16"

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.