XR12 Bus Routing

Contributor - Level 2
Hello All, is it possible to route more then 1 bus to an Aux out ?
17 REPLIES 17

Re: XR12 Bus Routing

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately the answer is no.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 2
Thanks Paul, seems strange it's an everyday function I would have thought, perhaps the next upgrade ? I got round it this time by using bus 1 & 2 to the monitor out. I'm using windows by the way

Contributor - Level 3
To expand a bit, the aux outs are mono balanced, so they can only take 1 signal. To get bus1+bus2 to a single socket, you'd need something to sum the buses: a matrix. The XAir series don't have those.

Close as you could get would be to sum bus1+2 to LR, both hard-panned in one direction (eg Left,) then route the the L side of LR to the aux out socket. Of course doing that would hamstring a whole lot of other functionality, not to mention destroying your stereo image of bus1+2 in the process.

If you were hoping to be able to use a single socket to have a stereo (unbalanced) signal (eg bus1 on pin2 and bus2 on pin3 then use an XLR>TRS adapter to feed headphones) that would require a hardware change to change the socket from being mono balanced to stereo unbalanced: it's not something that can be changed with a firmware update.

Contributor - Level 2
Kevin Mooney;130164 wrote:
Hello All, is it possible to route more then 1 bus to an Aux out ?

Hi Kevin. It would be interesting to know what application you had in mind for this function. You could use one of the FX buses with an EQ set flat/unity/off or whatever setting gives you effectively a pass through, then raise the FX fader in the first bus you are using. Everyone check my logic on this one please.

Contributor - Level 2
Hello Phil, thanks for helping, my application is this, I have people singing using backing tracks, I
I use one side of my power amp (Crown XTI) for FOH and the other side for monitors I like to work in mono, I simply want to feed vocals and backing tracks to the monitors and be able to set the levels of both. Basic stuff I would of thought. The idea of routing to an FX has promise

Contributor - Level 3
You could use an external passive mono line level combiner to mix two Aux outs together.

https://proaudio.com/catalog/whirlwind-imcoml-imp-combiner-2x1-line-level-combiner.asp

Contributor - Level 2
Kevin Mooney;130219 wrote:
I use one side of my power amp (Crown XTI) for FOH and the other side for monitors I like to work in mono, I simply want to feed vocals and backing tracks to the monitors and be able to set the levels of both

ah I see now - can you not use aux 1 and 2 and feed two separate aux leads into your Crown? The photo on the web site looks like it has two separate inputs for the two sides. Or you could use a two mono TS into one stereo TRS adaptor. Other than that your original idea of using the monitor out is a good one.

Contributor - Level 3
Or you could use a two mono TS into one stereo TRS adaptor.

Not quite sure where that would get you except for some very weird sounding results.

Contributor - Level 2
Richard YClark;130307 wrote:
Not quite sure where that would get you except for some very weird sounding results.

Surely a stereo TRS input on the Crown Will carry the two signals for main LR and monitors separately to left and right, assuming that's what Kevin wanted?