Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

XR18 Auto-Mix software

Contributor - Level 2
Phil Gates showed us the beta software with the Auto-mix function. That was on the 19th June 2015. When will we get the software? It is not in the latest firmware or software updates! Please can we have it soon.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: XR18 Auto-Mix software

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Peter,

Actually the automix is in the firmware and the X-Air Edit app will be released shortly (currently beta testing). In the meantime the X-Air Live Toolbox (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/) does have an automix interface that you can use now.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 3
Paul Vannatto;59279 wrote:
Hi Peter,

Actually the automix is in the firmware and the X-Air Edit app will be released shortly (currently beta testing). In the meantime the X-Air Live Toolbox (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/) does have an automix interface that you can use now.

Can I assume that since this has been touted as being derived from the Dugan Auto-Mix algorithm that this is a speech only Auto-Mix as are all of the popular versions. I would hate to see a misunderstanding or should I say expectations that don't line up with what Automixing can do.

To clarify things I am a big proponent of Automixing I use it all the time for the dialog parts of musicals and for panel discussions and anywhere I need to have a lot of mics up for speaking. It is so much of a help. But it will make some very bad decisions if you try and let it do music. I know this from personal experience. I was one of the panelists (a minor one) with Dan Dugan and a few others for the Automixing for Live Sound panel at AES in NYC a few years ago.

Volunteer Moderator
The automix is in the style of the Dugan. This means that the automix functionality is targeted speech-only applications using multiple mics.

While it probably can be used for other applications as well it is not its intended usage.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
Paul Vannatto;59279 wrote:
Hi Peter,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info - I will try it out

Peter P

XR18 auto mix software

Contributor - Level 2
Peter Patrick;59355 wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info - I will try it out

Peter P

We now have the updated software ( 1.2) looks very good - well done Behringer

PP
Conversation Stats