SeanThomas Contributor - Level 2 2015-03-10

2015-03-10

XR18 and Waves MultiRack

Got MultiRack working great on individual channels.

Tech Support - is there any way to give the LR master bus a stereo USB return? This would easily allow us to use Waves on the LR. BTW - do that on the X32 too! It's a bit clumsy to put Waves on the LR with all the AUX remapping.

Just in case I'm missing something, is there a way to run Waves on the LR of the XR-18?

• 0 Kudos
  • 32 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR18 and Waves MultiRack

I thought the latency times were excellent from the video I posted before, I dont use IEMs so it was just food for thought for me. From playing soft synths anything under 20ms seems great to me. If I did have it I dont think I would use waves running through twice: on channel then back though the mains though. I just found the video very interesting seemed to be a good scientific way of measuring it.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

The new Waves TracksLive is super easy to use. I did a quick video using it with the XR18.
I will be using MultiRack today.

Youtube.com/MusiciansPro • Facebook.com/groups/BehringerXair • Facebook.com/groups/MidasBehringerPro
Contributor - Level 2

just purchased Tracks Live.. right now it comes with Multiracks... thanks for this info! can't wait to try it out!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Sean Thomas;43264 wrote:
The new Waves TracksLive is super easy to use. I did a quick video using it with the XR18.

I'm really interested to see how the "free" version of Multirack works with the XR18!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Peter Kilgour;43274 wrote:
I'm really interested to see how the "free" version of Multirack works with the XR18!

+1! I would love to see the routing setup for Multirack!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Sean Thomas;43264 wrote:

Thanks for the video, just wondered why you used the green "Input" instead of red "Analogue" in the routing?
On your point about having the usb returns to the master LR, can that be done under the routing page, main output tab?

* Edit why you didnt use green input instead of red analogue
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

BTW - this is the Free version, which is all that is available. I believe the $99 "package" gives you support and upgrades for a certain time period and of course, the $600 MultiRack software.
Youtube.com/MusiciansPro • Facebook.com/groups/BehringerXair • Facebook.com/groups/MidasBehringerPro
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, the live recording software is free. The support is of questionable value given that the same information is freely available on line through things like this forum. The reason I bought it was for the MultiRack software.

As I look at it, it seems to be limited to just Waves plugins. Is there a latency advantage to their exclusive approach? I'm guessing that I will probably replace this with a more open version of the same thing as one becomes available.

Obvious feature request. I'll request this even though it is so obvious that it probably is already in the pipeline:

How about a firmware update that includes some more USB routing options to take advantage of this sort of software. I would like to be able to insert a USB send receive pair at various levels: channel, buss, master LR outs. Any plans for this?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Phil Smith;43279 wrote:
Thanks for the video, just wondered why you used the green "Input" instead of red "Analogue" in the routing?
On your point about having the usb returns to the master LR, can that be done under the routing page, main output tab?

* Edit why you didnt use green input instead of red analogue

I used the default settings for a basic overview of how to track to TracksLive. I use the POST FADER option on the LR. Fortunately the routing menue gives you many options that you can choose.

I am looking for a USB Return/In to the LR, that tab is an output.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I don't have a unit to try it out on so sorry that I'm guessing, it's just it says you can set the source of the main output to usb. Maybe worth a try?