Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

copy/paste

Getting a lot of flack from guys with ls9, venues etc. about the lack of ability to copy the graphic eq from one side to other graphs.

It's a hated feature lack on the X32 and Presonus boards.

Is this something the designers/programmers are looking into?

That, and being able to move/copy/paste/insert channels.

The new effects solved the whole "crappy digital sound" complaint though Smiley Happy
Tags (1)
CoreyJohnson Contributor - Level 2 2014-02-08

2014-02-08

copy/paste

Getting a lot of flack from guys with ls9, venues etc. about the lack of ability to copy the graphic eq from one side to other graphs.

It's a hated feature lack on the X32 and Presonus boards.

Is this something the designers/programmers are looking into?

That, and being able to move/copy/paste/insert channels.

The new effects solved the whole "crappy digital sound" complaint though Smiley Happy

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: copy/paste

I Posted this on another thread but it applies here as well

The whole world seems to want the Copy/Paste/Save A and B sides separately. From the outside looking in this seems like an easy feature but I am not a programmer. I would also like to add High and Low pass filters to the eqs. This is a pretty standard feature on rack mounted EQs. I know you can add it from the buss sends Parametric EQs, But it adds several steps when trying to recalling a preset

But the "crappy digital sound" went away when we started using this console. and the "crappy analog sound" went away when got rid of all the consoles with word 'Mack" printed on them.
Volunteer Moderator

You can already copy and paste channels. Move and insert are still sadly missing...

If you need the geq to be the same on both A and B wouldn't it be better to use the stereo geq instead of the dual geq?

I've never used different configured geq for stereo/dual-mono configuration.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Robert Lofgren;16679 wrote:

If you need the geq to be the same on both A and B wouldn't it be better to use the stereo geq instead of the dual geq?

I've never used different configured geq for stereo/dual-mono configuration.

No the point is I want different setting on each sides of the EQ, We use various wedges and cofigurations and have pre sets for the curves. But you will get one act that just needs 4 mon across the front. Easy. But next show might want 1.)12" wedge 2.)in ear 3.) 12"wedge 4.) in ear 5.) 15" wedge 6.&7.) powered stereo pair supplied by artist…..and so on. Plus one side might be for Lavs and the other for Podiums. You basically have to reconstruct the dual mono eqs side from scratch each time or save multiple combinations, and/or use note paper to write down settings to transfer. Big dumb time waster. Storing A or B halves of eqs saves all of this trouble.
Contributor - Level 2

Ross Miller;16749 wrote:
Storing A or B halves of eqs saves all of this trouble.

what i have done for this exact thing you describe is i have used the 6-band fully parametric EQ on each bus-output for K10's, K12's, LA wedges, old EV15's, side-fills, in-ears, whatever... i have stored the output eq for all these items in the library and i apply a 1/3 octave graphic only if i need it to notch something 'on the fly' or i have a rookie operator who doesn't have any 'chops' on a parametric. i usually have 2~3 segments of the parametric leftover too... i have used plenty of $2~4k analog eqs that never had any copy/paste.

good luck!
- woodsy
Contributor - Level 1

Copy/Paste EQ sides individually!

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus begging for the ability to individually copy/paste/save the A and/or B sides of the 31 band EQ separately from one another. This is such an annoyance, and it prevents me from quickly recalling preset EQ curves for the many different types of wedges that we use for monitors, without overwriting and forcing a re-EQ of the adjacent mix. This is cumbersome and time consuming. As much as I love the X32, is as much as I hate how this particular "feature" is set up. PLEASE fix this.

Thanks!
Phil Baron
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the vote for this needed feature.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!