Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

delay tap tempo on iPad not working right

Been dealing with this issue since I bought the M32R. The tap tempo for the delay on the IPad seems to be way off. It almost never goes to the tempo I want, Not even close to it. The tap tempo on the console works great, just not the IPad. What's up with this?

Thanks, Dave
Thanks, Dave
Tags (1)
DavidOdell Contributor - Level 2 2017-05-12

2017-05-12

delay tap tempo on iPad not working right

Been dealing with this issue since I bought the M32R. The tap tempo for the delay on the IPad seems to be way off. It almost never goes to the tempo I want, Not even close to it. The tap tempo on the console works great, just not the IPad. What's up with this?

Thanks, Dave

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Delay Tap Tempo

Yes that is a fact the tap tempo is not useful at all at this point I have found the same issue and have given up on it until I hear it has been fixed... or can it be fixed is the real question.

there is a bit of lag time between iPad and the console so I think that may be the issue in getting it accurate
I hate to love the iPad controllers on all the digital consoles... not just the Midas.

I wish there was a basic assignable foot-switch for the console so, as in the old days--- Yea Im and old schooler, we used to have the digital delay on a cheap foot switch sitting up where you could slap it in time... I hate the little button on the board and hit the wrong one sometimes when not paying attention and don't want to wear it out and have a dead button on the console!!!!! the good ole basic "slap pad" was great on the old outboard units.

still does not help the iPad though and maybe some young programmer will come up with a sideways connection into an iPad for a basic "Slap Pad" ... that actually works and market it for $29.95 on Amazon

BTW--- I just coined that term... "Slap Pad" so please send the royalties to my bank account if you come up with a working product!

Midi Foot-switch for the console? I think we get the Lag time errors there too because it has to go thru a MIDI device first then into the mixer and thats a lag o luscious...
We need a direct Slap Pad input on these consoles!
I'd list my gear here but they only allow 200 characters... I have MIDA/AVID/BEHRINGER/PRESONUS/SOUNDCRAFT consoles and Meyer/QSC/Mackie Speakers and tons of gear.
Contributor - Level 2

Re: delay tap tempo on iPad not working right

Well I'm glad its not just me. When I'm near †he console, i just use the tap tempo on one of the hot key buttons. That works fine. But I mix a lot of shows on the IPad because thats what I have to do.
My only work around is to use the tap tempo app on my phone, look at the ms, and then dial the ms in on the delay FX. but sometimes this can take too much time to get right before the vocals come in.
Thanks, Dave