Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

graphic EQ not working with insert on

I am running firmware 2.06 and upon several occasions I have noticed that a graphic EQ inserted on a master bus or aux bus was not functioning when I booted the desk. After switching the insert on that bus on and off everything was back to normal and the eq was working. Has anyone else run in to this bug?? Last weeks the parametric eq on the channels also feel like they are responding slower than before. It feels like the more scenes I have added to the showfile, the slower the desk is responding...
Ditten Lerooij
DittenLerooij Contributor - Level 2 2014-10-21

2014-10-21

graphic EQ not working with insert on

I am running firmware 2.06 and upon several occasions I have noticed that a graphic EQ inserted on a master bus or aux bus was not functioning when I booted the desk. After switching the insert on that bus on and off everything was back to normal and the eq was working. Has anyone else run in to this bug?? Last weeks the parametric eq on the channels also feel like they are responding slower than before. It feels like the more scenes I have added to the showfile, the slower the desk is responding...

• 0 Kudos
  • 32 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: graphic EQ not working with insert on

I was running firmware 2.04 on a full size X32 and had this exact problem. The left half of the rack (the multi band and verbs/delays) seemed to be working fine, but the 4 graphics I had on the right half of the rack were unresponsive until I went to the effect home page and clicked the "insert" button to remove them from the signal chain and then clicked the "insert" button to insert them back into the signal chain. After that, they worked the rest of the show.
The reason I checked in the first place was because at one show, the bands complained about their monitor mixes (I rarely get complaints about that as I do my best to ensure the monitors are eq'd well). So, the next show, I went on stage with the iPad and said "two" with a disgusted look on my face afterward. From there, I diagnosed the problem. I had a late night so I didn't have a chance to turn off the board and turn it back to see if it had failed again. But I bet I would. Furthermore, I'd like to see if loading a new scene would result in the effects sorting our their "insert" issue. I'll be mixing at that venue in a few weeks and do more testing then.
Contributor - Level 2

You want to keep me updated on that issue Greg? I found out that the slow response on the parametric EQ is the pots that seem to be bad... I have not found out the insert issue yet.
Ditten Lerooij
Super Contributor - Level 1

Does it do this on the latest firmware also? Can anybody confirm that this is a consistent problem? I have a client with an X32 and would like to know if I need to go and test their system to see if this is happening. They wouldn’t know exactly what is happening they might just think it doesn’t sound right. And they have a tendency to not call right away.
Contributor - Level 2

We've seen this on a number of occasions too. After booting the console I now go and disable/re-enable the graphic EQs just to be safe.
Volunteer Moderator

Jon Cotton;36727 wrote:
We've seen this on a number of occasions too. After booting the console I now go and disable/re-enable the graphic EQs just to be safe.

On what version(s) have you seen this?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Volunteer Moderator

Paul, can you move the relevant bits to the other thread I created and make that one sticky until it's resolved?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Volunteer Moderator

Robert, I did the moving/merging of the relevant posts here to that other thread (already stickied). Unfortunately it wrote over the starting posts that you and I had done to start it. Not sure why. This forum seems to mirror the scene loading issue...

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Volunteer Moderator

Paul Vannatto;36842 wrote:
Robert, I did the moving/merging of the relevant posts here to that other thread (already stickied). Unfortunately it wrote over the starting posts that you and I had done to start it. Not sure why. This forum seems to mirror the scene loading issue...

Paul

They are there but they follow the post time and since the merged posts are pre-dated before our posts they are mixed in the middle. Maybe you can edit the timestamp?
Volunteer Moderator

Yes I see them now Robert. I just checked and unfortunately I don't have the capability of accessing the timestamp.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!