Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

m32-Mix app mixing a single bus feed

I am very new to this so please be patient with me. I don't actually use the Midas m32 but run a camera for internet stream for the church I attend. The computer that does the streaming gets a left and right bus feed from the Midas m32 board. Since the sound for the house is very different from what sounds good for the internet streaming I was told I could use the M32-Mix ipad app. The board is new and the operators are totally new to it as well so they are trying to learn it too. I can successfully connect to the board but cant seem to figure out how to control the individual channels (guitar, mics, drums, etc) for only my bus feed that I get for the internet streaming. I have seem many tutorials online but none I found actually cover this one thing. Does anyone know a good video or documentation or can tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks very much for any help.
Tags (4)
DavidMcBride Contributor - Level 2 2017-05-14

2017-05-14

m32-Mix app mixing a single bus feed

I am very new to this so please be patient with me. I don't actually use the Midas m32 but run a camera for internet stream for the church I attend. The computer that does the streaming gets a left and right bus feed from the Midas m32 board. Since the sound for the house is very different from what sounds good for the internet streaming I was told I could use the M32-Mix ipad app. The board is new and the operators are totally new to it as well so they are trying to learn it too. I can successfully connect to the board but cant seem to figure out how to control the individual channels (guitar, mics, drums, etc) for only my bus feed that I get for the internet streaming. I have seem many tutorials online but none I found actually cover this one thing. Does anyone know a good video or documentation or can tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks very much for any help.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: m32-Mix app mixing a single bus feed

1: Find out which bus(es) are actually feeding the livestream.

2: Open the m32 app.

2: Once connected, the fader positions will show the channels' send levels to LR. Don't change these, you'll annoy the FOH operator. Instead, press the "Sends on Faders" button on the LHS under the m32 logo.

3: The SoFs button should go red. This indicates your are now in "Sends on Faders" mode. The channel faders no longer represent a channel's send level to the LR bus, but rather their send levels to one of the other 16x buses. A row of 16x buttons should appear to the right of the SoFs button. IIRC, by default, the "1" button is illuminated. This indicates the channel faders represent the channels' send levels to bus1. Don't change these, you'll annoy whoever's listening to bus1 (probably someone's wedge or IEM.)

4: Press the button for the bus that is feeding the livestream that you found out in step1. (If the buses are st-linked, eg bus7+8 you only need to select bus7.)

5: Now the channel faders represent the channels' send levels to the livestream bus(es.) Now you can move faders around the adjust the how the livestream mix sounds.
Contributor - Level 2

thanks

I will give that a try.
Thanks again.
Contributor - Level 2

Re: m32-Mix app mixing a single bus feed

Sorry but I don't see the "sends on faders" button. All I see under the m32 logo is "mute groups", "show solos" and "lock mutes".
Thanks for your patience.
Contributor - Level 2

Just noticed

I just noticed that if I have channel selected the "send to faders" is there. When I tap on bus 1-8 the button disappears.
Thanks
Contributor - Level 2

solved

figured out I was approaching it wrong. If I go to the channel I want to adjust levels on then go to fader flip then select the bus I want it works.
Thanks