Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

stereo sound from laptop

ok i am a dj wanting to use an x air 12 for karaoke. no problems setting up my iPad. need to connect my laptop from laptop soundcard to x air stereo can i just go from say channel 5 and 6 quarter inch to 3.5 mm and have stereo, or do i have to use say 5 & 6 for left then say 7 & 8 for right and go into an external sound card. i hope my question is making sense. thank you in advance for the help
Tags (1)
RichardFrohman Contributor - Level 1 2017-04-30

2017-04-30

stereo sound from laptop

ok i am a dj wanting to use an x air 12 for karaoke. no problems setting up my iPad. need to connect my laptop from laptop soundcard to x air stereo can i just go from say channel 5 and 6 quarter inch to 3.5 mm and have stereo, or do i have to use say 5 & 6 for left then say 7 & 8 for right and go into an external sound card. i hope my question is making sense. thank you in advance for the help

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: stereo sound from laptop

One of these will do (no affiliation, just google image searching) into ch5+6. Don't forget to st-link ch5+6 to automatically hard pan them and make their fader/mutes operate together.
Contributor - Level 1

thank you for the re[ly. how do you st-link?
Contributor - Level 3

Select the channel, go to the "channel" tab, and in the 2nd column (the first column is the meter) under "channel input" there will be a link button. It's grey and labelled L. If it's grey it means the link is not active. Press it so it changes to white, now the link is active. You'll notice when you do this the channel automatically hard pans.