Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

trying to record a channel with an aux input routed to it.

Hello everyone, I am new to recording with my X32 and I am still learning about the world of Digital mixing and recording. I currently use the PreSonus studio one prime DAW. I am having issues recording certain channels. I have no problems with recording normal input channels to the X32. For example I can plug a mic into input 1 on the X32 and I know how record from that channel in my DAW. I run into problems when I tried to plug a guitar direct in the Aux 1 IN, and then making the "source" of channel 2  to be Aux 1 IN. I cant seem to be able to figure out how to now then record from that channel in the DAW. It seems like the signal is not getting to the X-USB card after it is mapped to channel 2. I must not have something routed properly.

Is there a step i am missing here? I feel I should be able to this but i just cant seem to nail down what the issue is. any suggestions would be much appreciated

nomar123 Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-16

2020-02-16

trying to record a channel with an aux input routed to it.

Hello everyone, I am new to recording with my X32 and I am still learning about the world of Digital mixing and recording. I currently use the PreSonus studio one prime DAW. I am having issues recording certain channels. I have no problems with recording normal input channels to the X32. For example I can plug a mic into input 1 on the X32 and I know how record from that channel in my DAW. I run into problems when I tried to plug a guitar direct in the Aux 1 IN, and then making the "source" of channel 2  to be Aux 1 IN. I cant seem to be able to figure out how to now then record from that channel in the DAW. It seems like the signal is not getting to the X-USB card after it is mapped to channel 2. I must not have something routed properly.

Is there a step i am missing here? I feel I should be able to this but i just cant seem to nail down what the issue is. any suggestions would be much appreciated

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies