Contributor - Level 2

warranty availability

Hi. I ordered two XR16's from Amazon (due to arrive today). Then I read a review by someone who said they were told they could not get warranty service for their unit because they purchased it from amazon and that amazon was not an authorized seller of Behringer equipment.

If this is true I will return my Amazon purchases without even opening them and purchase the gear from someone else.

However, I need the gear quickly which is why I bought from Amazon in the first place.

Can anyone tell me if it's true that buying Behringer gear from Amazon is an issue? I wanted to call Behringer but I can't find any phone number. I sent a request in online but I don't know how quickly they will respond to my note.

Thanks,
Rob
Tags (1)
RobGoldberg Contributor - Level 2 2017-05-31

2017-05-31

warranty availability

Hi. I ordered two XR16's from Amazon (due to arrive today). Then I read a review by someone who said they were told they could not get warranty service for their unit because they purchased it from amazon and that amazon was not an authorized seller of Behringer equipment.

If this is true I will return my Amazon purchases without even opening them and purchase the gear from someone else.

However, I need the gear quickly which is why I bought from Amazon in the first place.

Can anyone tell me if it's true that buying Behringer gear from Amazon is an issue? I wanted to call Behringer but I can't find any phone number. I sent a request in online but I don't know how quickly they will respond to my note.

Thanks,
Rob

Volunteer Moderator

Re: warranty availability

Hi Rob,

I remember a few years ago there was an issue with gear purchased from Amazon. If I remember correctly that has been resolved. But I would suggest you contact CARE to be sure (contact info is in my signature below)
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Paul. I called them as soon as I saw your response. Have been on hold ever since. But I am going to stick it out in hopes of getting the answer. The Amazon listing says it's sold by a third party source and fulfilled by Amazon. I am nervous about that since I read a while back that sales by third party sources will mean no extended warranty.
Triber Moderator

Rob Goldberg;124737 wrote:

Amazon is indeed a direct Authorized Retailer of BEHRINGER products. You can rest easy knowing that when purchasing our products directly from them (with Amazon as the listed seller) that it will indeed include the 3-Year Warranty when adhering to our terms and conditions.

It's important to mention that Amazon is also an online reseller marketplace where a number of 3rd party retailers can sell our products, new or used. Used products sold on Amazon do not include the 3-Year Warranty that we offer with out products. The 3 year warranty only applies to brand new products purchased directly from Amazon or from one of our Authorized Retailers who are selling on Amazon.

The key when buying on Amazon is to check who the direct seller is. Once you know who the seller is then you can check that against our list of authorized retailers provided on our website.

Keeping that in mind, do you remember who on Amazon you purchased your XR16's from? Does their name come up in the list of Authorized Retailers on our website?
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for that info. I am so glad I saw the forum thread that allerted me to this. My purchase was in fact only being fulfilled by Amazon. The actual seller was not listed in your site. I am doing a return on Amazon and have purchased two of them from Sweetwater with overnight shipping. The overnight shipping cost me $100 but in the long ruin it's well worth it .
Triber Moderator

Rob Goldberg;124763 wrote:
Thank you for that info. I am so glad I saw the forum thread that allerted me to this. My purchase was in fact only being fulfilled by Amazon. The actual seller was not listed in your site. I am doing a return on Amazon and have purchased two of them from Sweetwater with overnight shipping. The overnight shipping cost me $100 but in the long ruin it's well worth it .

Can you please tell us what the name of the direct reseller that you purchased from on Amazon was? Thanks in advance.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Rob Goldberg;124766 wrote:
Here is the link to the Amazon page I purchased from:

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XR16-BEHRINGER-X-AIR/dp/B00ZR77GTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=149626555...

Thanks for replying with this info.

Just for future reference Electronics Etc. / AcousticBay is the same company and are indeed one of our authorized retailers/resellers so the warranty would apply to purchases made through them on Amazon.com. Smiley Wink
Michael Lapke