Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

x32 Compact - problem with recording a live gig on usb stick

Hello,

I am having a problem with recording live gig on usb stick with my x32 Compact.
This is the situation:
Monitor mix is set up. Mix for front stage speakers is set.
I would like to have a separate layout mix in my headphones for recording this gig.
When I select the source for recording from monitors or front speakers, mix is terrible.

This is how I see it:
I have a perfect mix for front stage speakers then I click something and my faders changes to recording mix in my headphones. So i can, during the gig, easily change between "gig mix" and my "recording mix". Is this possible, I know it is but how.

Please help, i am a beginner.
TomGavranovic Contributor - Level 2 2016-04-20

2016-04-20

x32 Compact - problem with recording a live gig on usb stick

Hello,

I am having a problem with recording live gig on usb stick with my x32 Compact.
This is the situation:
Monitor mix is set up. Mix for front stage speakers is set.
I would like to have a separate layout mix in my headphones for recording this gig.
When I select the source for recording from monitors or front speakers, mix is terrible.

This is how I see it:
I have a perfect mix for front stage speakers then I click something and my faders changes to recording mix in my headphones. So i can, during the gig, easily change between "gig mix" and my "recording mix". Is this possible, I know it is but how.

Please help, i am a beginner.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: x32 Compact - problem with recording a live gig on usb stick

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. I moved this thread from X32 Feature Request to X32 Troubleshooting.

In order to have a separate mix for recording, you will need to setup a mixbus pair to do that. If you have the monitors already setup with say mixbuses 1-6, you could use mixbuses 7/8 (linked) for the recording mix. Then select that mixbus pair for the USB recorder (in the config screen). To mix for recording, you could select that mixbus pair, then Sends on Fader and adjust the channel faders accordingly. Turn off Sends on Fader to go back to mixing FOH.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for such a quick respond. It is very professional from you.

This routing makes total sense, but I think I can select just one bus from the config screen….Is it not? And one small thing...how to listen just recording mix bus pair in my headphones while the gig in on? Thank you once again.
Volunteer Moderator

Tom Gavranovic;74716 wrote:
This routing makes total sense, but I think I can select just one bus from the config screen….Is it not?

On that screen there are Left and Right buttons with their respective config settings.

And one small thing...how to listen just recording mix bus pair in my headphones while the gig in on?

Simply solo one of the mixbuses you have assigned for the recording. If the 2 are linked (on the home screen), it will solo both and will be heard in the headphones in stereo.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator