Contributor - Level 1

x32 Rack Ableton

We are trying to set up the x32 rack as our interface into ableton, unfortuntely is becoming a bit of a nightmare thus far. The chain we are trying to create is 5 ins (vox, gtr, bass, e drums) no processing from the unit into ableton. From there running a vst (helix native) for gtrs and bass, our backing tracks and clicks iem. Is it possible to route all of these tracks back into the x32, add the processing and then route all of them into a stereo bus that can then be sent to foh? Also can the click tracks from ableton be routed to an aux on the unit and then obviously be sent to an iem from the aux outs on the back of the unit?

Cheers!

timmysitc Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-17

2019-09-17

x32 Rack Ableton

We are trying to set up the x32 rack as our interface into ableton, unfortuntely is becoming a bit of a nightmare thus far. The chain we are trying to create is 5 ins (vox, gtr, bass, e drums) no processing from the unit into ableton. From there running a vst (helix native) for gtrs and bass, our backing tracks and clicks iem. Is it possible to route all of these tracks back into the x32, add the processing and then route all of them into a stereo bus that can then be sent to foh? Also can the click tracks from ableton be routed to an aux on the unit and then obviously be sent to an iem from the aux outs on the back of the unit?

Cheers!

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: x32 Rack Ableton

Hi,

I use an X32 Rack with Ableton. I'm currently not sending any audio to Ableton, but if I understand your post correctly, then yes you can do that. The issue to be concerned about is latency. Depends on how much is being done in your VSTs. Won't know until you try it if that will be a problem.