Highlighted

x32 with studio one free

Contributor - Level 2
I might be missing something obvious, but..

X32 is connected to pc via firewire. studio one is recognizing x32 as being there but when configuring ins and outs
it only gives me stereo in L & R and 2 mono inputs. How can i get all 32 channels to record. Have tried using a template for recording 24 channels on a studio live but cant select more than 2 inputs.

Help
4 REPLIES 4

Re: x32 with studio one free

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Arron,

I guess you will need to setup both the system and the song for recording. Once you recognized the x32 in the s1's system you want to add inputs in the song setup section. Just add the mono or stereo channels by clicking the ADD Button. Afterwards you will want to add audio tracks to your song and select the input for each channel. You can monitor the incoming sound by clicking the input button on the lower left pane (and hide it if not needed) of the mixer view. Incoming signal will be visual monitored as well in the mixer near the faders. Please take the time to read the manual of s1 because it is a bit tricky to start with. Once youre familar with the s1 signal flow you MAY like it.

Maybe s1 free dont support all inputs given by the x32 bevause it may be channel count limited.

Years ago I switched from pc to mac so the s1 what was included in my StudioLive mixer was the system of choice. Still some bugs and glitches even in the full version, but I managed to workaround these things.

Cheers, Henry
X32 full, X32R, S16, MacBookPro 17 i7 Quad 2.2, Presonus Studio One Pro

Contributor - Level 2
studio one free has no track limit. it does not give me the option to add tracks on the I/O setup, so not really sure what is going on!

Contributor - Level 2
Aaron Stone;1425 wrote:
studio one free has no track limit. it does not give me the option to add tracks on the I/O setup, so not really sure what is going on!

I fell for that too and used a lot of time trying to make it work.
Then I found:
"Two simultaneous inputs and outputs"
from http://studioone.presonus.com/free/

.. and bought a license for reaper for our church.

Yes, this is one issue that Behringer should look into if they want to take more StudioLive ground.

.... and user rights in the iPad app

Contributor - Level 2
thanks. i will look into other software