Mobile

If you’re a fan of producing music with your mobile device, you can join other members here and share your experiences, the best apps, input devices and more

Highlighted

Request feature Vocal FX

Contributor - Level 1

Greetings:

I have vocal fx and I was wondering how to achieve the
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Re: Request feature Vocal FX

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Julio. A chipmunk effect is essentially an upwards pitch shift. There are a number of ways to get this in Voice Rack FX. I made a quick video to demonstrate here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3i42clsCA0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

Matt.

Contributor - Level 1

Hi Matt,

What iOS screencorder do you guys use for the videos?

Thanks

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Chris. I recorded that video using VoiceJam Studio with VRFX popped in as an audio unit. Now, unfortunately because the performance recorded in VJS can only actual record itself, I had to sub in a separate walk thru of the FX changes in VRFX that I grabbed in Quicktime with my phone connected to my mac. I then subbed it in using a video editor. When using VJS you can record all your actions and audio, but its recorded doesnt actuall grab AU graphics. I went the extra step for the sake of this demo.

Contributor - Level 1

Matt, that sounds way messy.

Get the Devs to implement Apples iOS 'ReplayKit' into your apps and then anyone can do screen-casts of their setups and performances....creates a social buzz and makes it way easier for guys like yourself to demo the product.

Cheers,

Chris

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion Chris, I'll look into that! Smiley Happy
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors