"You are all doing a fantastic job creating these synths! "
Highlighted
Triber

Jeff Ford: "I really had fun playing these guys. You are all doing a fantastic job creating these synths!"

Jeff is from our Las Vegas support team - we hit it off with our shared love of vintage synths. With help from our project team, we arranged to ship some samples, knowing Jeff is able to compare them to classics from his collection. Overall, Jeff was enthused with amazing feedback, which is really something else from the guru.  

Here's a selection of comments for all you fellow synth nerds out there Smiley Happy 

"The Odyssey-  

I brought my Odyssey MKIII to do a side by side.  We crushed it with this guy with the ability to select all 3 of the Ody's filter versions, built in sequencer and FX.  Wow, just wow. The feel is solid and the faders are smooth and tight, unlike on my old one. Ours feels smooth as can be. On to the sounds...The oscillators are wonderfully stable. The VCF resonance is a joy, as is the added drive switch. The sequencer is very easy to get around and the addition of effects is brilliant. I do love the fact that fader lights are adjustable, giving it a very sci-fi vibe to the overall synth. The sample and hold has always been one of the highlights of the Odyssey to me . The build quality is very robust and substantial.  I like that it is the version 1 and 2 clam shell style case because I have always worried about the keys on my MkIII sticking out. All in all, this is a beautifully executed synth in both design and function with features over the original that just take it completely over the top. Kudos on this guy"

K-2

"I'll be honest, I love Korg mono synths. One of my all-time favourites is the Korg 770, this little guy's older sister. First off

I'm amazed at the form factor in such a small footprint. This thing sounds awesome.  Having a high pass and low pass with adjustable peak is amazing for fine tweaking tones. My 770 doesn't have that.  One could get lost for hours just patching to different places and finding an endless sea of sounds. I never had an MS-20 so this was a learning experience of wonderment and at times pure awe. What a flexible little monster. Most definitely a generator of sounds from outer space. Add some tape delay and I'd go missing for hours on end. Wonderful job on this guy."

VC340-

"Holy smokes!! This is spot on. I immediately wanted to use it on one of my songs with the band. This thing sounds so good it's scary. I'm just flabbergasted that a divide-down synthesizer could be made so light and portable. This is going to be wildly successful. What a fantastic job you all did on this. Wonderfully rich strings and voices. The ensemble adds a nice moving chorus that's hard to turn off once engaged. This is an instant purchase for me no questions asked"

Cheers Jeffrey Ford

Synth Ford.jpg

paul_withers Triber 04-15-2019

04-15-2019

Jeff Ford: "I really had fun playing these guys. You are all doing a fantastic job creating these synths!"

Jeff is from our Las Vegas support team - we hit it off with our shared love of vintage synths. With help from our project team, we arranged to ship some samples, knowing Jeff is able to compare them to classics from his collection. Overall, Jeff was enthused with amazing feedback, which is really something else from the guru.  

Here's a selection of comments for all you fellow synth nerds out there Smiley Happy 

"The Odyssey-  

I brought my Odyssey MKIII to do a side by side.  We crushed it with this guy with the ability to select all 3 of the Ody's filter versions, built in sequencer and FX.  Wow, just wow. The feel is solid and the faders are smooth and tight, unlike on my old one. Ours feels smooth as can be. On to the sounds...The oscillators are wonderfully stable. The VCF resonance is a joy, as is the added drive switch. The sequencer is very easy to get around and the addition of effects is brilliant. I do love the fact that fader lights are adjustable, giving it a very sci-fi vibe to the overall synth. The sample and hold has always been one of the highlights of the Odyssey to me . The build quality is very robust and substantial.  I like that it is the version 1 and 2 clam shell style case because I have always worried about the keys on my MkIII sticking out. All in all, this is a beautifully executed synth in both design and function with features over the original that just take it completely over the top. Kudos on this guy"

K-2

"I'll be honest, I love Korg mono synths. One of my all-time favourites is the Korg 770, this little guy's older sister. First off

I'm amazed at the form factor in such a small footprint. This thing sounds awesome.  Having a high pass and low pass with adjustable peak is amazing for fine tweaking tones. My 770 doesn't have that.  One could get lost for hours just patching to different places and finding an endless sea of sounds. I never had an MS-20 so this was a learning experience of wonderment and at times pure awe. What a flexible little monster. Most definitely a generator of sounds from outer space. Add some tape delay and I'd go missing for hours on end. Wonderful job on this guy."

VC340-

"Holy smokes!! This is spot on. I immediately wanted to use it on one of my songs with the band. This thing sounds so good it's scary. I'm just flabbergasted that a divide-down synthesizer could be made so light and portable. This is going to be wildly successful. What a fantastic job you all did on this. Wonderfully rich strings and voices. The ensemble adds a nice moving chorus that's hard to turn off once engaged. This is an instant purchase for me no questions asked"

Cheers Jeffrey Ford

Synth Ford.jpg

Triber Moderator

Re: "You are all doing a fantastic job creating these synths! "

Wow, a K20 -that's big news!   any more infos available yet?  1:1 Tribute or some added features?

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs