Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

1.05 poly chain (and other) issues

I have four D's poly-chained.

They are all v1.05 because Sweetwater was able to swap two of them out, the earlier two that couldn't go from 1.03 to 1.05. (Musicians Friend will NOT swap any out unless you're within your 30 days after purchase. Thankfully, checking serials I found I didn't have any bad ones from them.)

All D's are set to LAST note priority, multi-trigger OFF.

ISSUE 1

Play the first note, ONE note, ALL synths play it in unison.
Play a second note, THREE synths are playing the first note, one plays the second note.
Play a third note, TWO synths are still playing the first note, one plays the second, one plays the third.
Fourth note, each synth plays its own distinct note.
The most obvious result of this is that the first note you hit in a chord becomes quieter and quieter as you add additional chord notes.

ISSUE 2

Poly-chain seems to be dependent on which interface type was plugged in when you enabled it.

Then I unplug MIDI DIN on the first synth in the chain and plug it in via USB, I don't seem to be poly-chained anymore. I restart the #1 and turn poly-chain off, restart it and turn poly-chain on, and then I'm doing poly-chain via USB again.

Switch back to the MIDI input and unplug USB, poly-chain is lost. Two restarts later with settings changes and it's back in MIDI plug poly mode.

ISSUE 3

When in poly-chain mode, key-off re-triggers notes (as has been discussed elsewhere). Although I have possibly heard this behavior in a mono synth, it is absolutely the wrong behavior in what is effectively a POLY synth, which is what we get when poly-chaining. Note off should not be re-triggering *anything*, especially in poly mode.

ISSUE 4

Note priority setting is not readable via the blinking lights. ANY setting of note priority yields "Flashing 3 times". A better solution ... One mode is long-short-short flash, one is short-long-short, one is short-short-long.

Behringer should start a bug bounty program. As a hint, I just found out the Neutron (I have on preorder) won't be out until September. I can do testing.
MichaelAllen Contributor - Level 2 2018-05-24

2018-05-24

1.05 poly chain (and other) issues

I have four D's poly-chained.

They are all v1.05 because Sweetwater was able to swap two of them out, the earlier two that couldn't go from 1.03 to 1.05. (Musicians Friend will NOT swap any out unless you're within your 30 days after purchase. Thankfully, checking serials I found I didn't have any bad ones from them.)

All D's are set to LAST note priority, multi-trigger OFF.

ISSUE 1

Play the first note, ONE note, ALL synths play it in unison.
Play a second note, THREE synths are playing the first note, one plays the second note.
Play a third note, TWO synths are still playing the first note, one plays the second, one plays the third.
Fourth note, each synth plays its own distinct note.
The most obvious result of this is that the first note you hit in a chord becomes quieter and quieter as you add additional chord notes.

ISSUE 2

Poly-chain seems to be dependent on which interface type was plugged in when you enabled it.

Then I unplug MIDI DIN on the first synth in the chain and plug it in via USB, I don't seem to be poly-chained anymore. I restart the #1 and turn poly-chain off, restart it and turn poly-chain on, and then I'm doing poly-chain via USB again.

Switch back to the MIDI input and unplug USB, poly-chain is lost. Two restarts later with settings changes and it's back in MIDI plug poly mode.

ISSUE 3

When in poly-chain mode, key-off re-triggers notes (as has been discussed elsewhere). Although I have possibly heard this behavior in a mono synth, it is absolutely the wrong behavior in what is effectively a POLY synth, which is what we get when poly-chaining. Note off should not be re-triggering *anything*, especially in poly mode.

ISSUE 4

Note priority setting is not readable via the blinking lights. ANY setting of note priority yields "Flashing 3 times". A better solution ... One mode is long-short-short flash, one is short-long-short, one is short-short-long.

Behringer should start a bug bounty program. As a hint, I just found out the Neutron (I have on preorder) won't be out until September. I can do testing.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies