Contributor - Level 1

A little help with my VL3X please!

Hi every one! I'm new to the community and also a new user of a VL3X! Here's my problem. I recorded a song on Slot 1 and associated it to Preset 1, saved it. Then created another song  (with it's own different tempo) on Slot 2 and associated it to Preset 2 and saved it. I also set metronome follow playback on both songs to use the shaker sound as a little percusión part. Played each of them a couple times and all was good but then somehow Song 2's tempo changed to Song 1's tempo and so the metronome (shaker) sound doesn't match the playback. If I move away from the Preset  and back, my original recording tempo will show on screen but as soon as I hit play or turn the Metronome ON the tempo changes again! It's driving me crazy!!! I also haven't been able to make my Switch 6 work properly it doesn't respond to the functions I asign to it's switches. Any  help will be much appreciated.! Have a great day ya'all!

rivieramayalive Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-10

2019-08-10

A little help with my VL3X please!

Hi every one! I'm new to the community and also a new user of a VL3X! Here's my problem. I recorded a song on Slot 1 and associated it to Preset 1, saved it. Then created another song  (with it's own different tempo) on Slot 2 and associated it to Preset 2 and saved it. I also set metronome follow playback on both songs to use the shaker sound as a little percusión part. Played each of them a couple times and all was good but then somehow Song 2's tempo changed to Song 1's tempo and so the metronome (shaker) sound doesn't match the playback. If I move away from the Preset  and back, my original recording tempo will show on screen but as soon as I hit play or turn the Metronome ON the tempo changes again! It's driving me crazy!!! I also haven't been able to make my Switch 6 work properly it doesn't respond to the functions I asign to it's switches. Any  help will be much appreciated.! Have a great day ya'all!

Solution Leader

Re: A little help with my VL3X please!

I had this problem as well.  I THINK I remember how I fixed it.  So when you say that you associate the loops slot to the preset, I assume that you are doing this by setting this in the PRESET tab under the Looper button.  When you do this, I believe that the tempo comes from the preset- not the loop slot, so you need to make sure that the preset is set to the desired tempo and then is saved.  I think that when I was having this problem, I would associate the loop slot to the preset, set the tempo of the loop, create the loop, save the loop, leave the preset ad then when I came back to the preset (and the loop slot then loaded) the tempo would be out.  So, try saving the tempo in the preset and see how that works.

David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs