Contributor - Level 2

Aux in/out and looping routing it on Voicelive 3

Been reading the forums about newer firmwares "breaking" the ability to have the aux in only run out the aux out during looping. (ie, I dont want guitar in or aux inrunning out the master outputs once its looped)

Im about to make some setup changes, as I've not been using my VL3 to its full power, and will need to retain 3x independant channels right through with my planned setup, can anyone confirm which is the most recent firmware that would still facilitate this to happen? and, where I can download said firmware from cheers 🙂

Also, just on that.... the aux in/outs retain stereo image all the way through right? which could effectiveley give me 4 independant channels through the looper if needed?

I'm planning to run my acustic pickup through the vocal input, a humbucker through the guitar input, and a bass pickup through the aux from the same guitar.... if i can run L/R on the aux, that gives me an independant percussive or vocal channel to utilise too which would be rather handy

www.mayrocket.com.au www.rocketent.com.au
RobButvila Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-10

2019-09-10

Aux in/out and looping routing it on Voicelive 3

Been reading the forums about newer firmwares "breaking" the ability to have the aux in only run out the aux out during looping. (ie, I dont want guitar in or aux inrunning out the master outputs once its looped)

Im about to make some setup changes, as I've not been using my VL3 to its full power, and will need to retain 3x independant channels right through with my planned setup, can anyone confirm which is the most recent firmware that would still facilitate this to happen? and, where I can download said firmware from cheers 🙂

Also, just on that.... the aux in/outs retain stereo image all the way through right? which could effectiveley give me 4 independant channels through the looper if needed?

I'm planning to run my acustic pickup through the vocal input, a humbucker through the guitar input, and a bass pickup through the aux from the same guitar.... if i can run L/R on the aux, that gives me an independant percussive or vocal channel to utilise too which would be rather handy

Accepted Solutions
Triber Moderator

Re: Aux in/out and looping routing it on Voicelive 3

Hey @RobButvila,
I assume you're referring to this thread?  I remember spending a couple hours reverting back through old firmware to try and find the routing he was talking about - having the auxiliary input routed out the 1/4" guitar outputs - and to be honest I went as far back as build 175 from 2015 and still couldn't get the auxiliary to output through the guitar jacks.  I'm not saying it wasn't in any of VoiceLive 3's firmwares, but I have tried and failed to find which firmware that old thread was referring to.

To answer your other question, yes the stereo image from the auxiliary input is retained in the headphone output, as well as the main XLR outputs provided you've selected "Stereo" as the XLR output mode.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post

Triber Moderator

Re: Aux in/out and looping routing it on Voicelive 3

Hey @RobButvila,
I assume you're referring to this thread?  I remember spending a couple hours reverting back through old firmware to try and find the routing he was talking about - having the auxiliary input routed out the 1/4" guitar outputs - and to be honest I went as far back as build 175 from 2015 and still couldn't get the auxiliary to output through the guitar jacks.  I'm not saying it wasn't in any of VoiceLive 3's firmwares, but I have tried and failed to find which firmware that old thread was referring to.

To answer your other question, yes the stereo image from the auxiliary input is retained in the headphone output, as well as the main XLR outputs provided you've selected "Stereo" as the XLR output mode.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post