Contributor - Level 1

BG250 Combo - Component R4 blown on Power Supply

Realy hoping someone can help - My BG250 Combo amp of many years has served me well. But clearly a component R$ on the board P-18114-E has fried. When I turn on the amp a large bang and spark emits from within and when I have removed the circuit can see this has blown on the pSU.

Does anyone know what component this is so I can replace as it is so damaged I cannot tell.

Thanks

Paul

Polo257 Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-27

2019-07-27

BG250 Combo - Component R4 blown on Power Supply

Realy hoping someone can help - My BG250 Combo amp of many years has served me well. But clearly a component R$ on the board P-18114-E has fried. When I turn on the amp a large bang and spark emits from within and when I have removed the circuit can see this has blown on the pSU.

Does anyone know what component this is so I can replace as it is so damaged I cannot tell.

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: BG250 Combo - Component R4 blown on Power Supply

So through a lot of research and time awaiting delivery of components from supplier I have found the following is the component at fault

NTC Thermistor Resistor NTC 10D-11

Once it arrived from China (  I am sure there are more local suppliers) It was easy to desolder the old destoyed component and resolder the new one in and Amp works like new.

Delighted to have my amp back for about 15 pence!!!

Got my components from below, but took an eternity to arrive. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S6LBQP8/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

Contributor - Level 2

@Polo257 wrote:

Realy hoping someone can help - My BG250 Combo amp of many years has served me well. But clearly a component R$ on the board P-18114-E has fried. When usps tracking I turn on the amp a large bang and spark emits from within and when I have removed the circuit can see this has blown on the pSU.

Thanks

Paul

I also need help with the same. Help is appreiciated,

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

So through a lot of research and time awaiting delivery of components from supplier I have found the following is the component at fault

NTC Thermistor Resistor NTC 10D-11

Once it arrived from China (  I am sure there are more local suppliers) It was easy to desolder the old destoyed component and resolder the new one in and Amp works like new.

Delighted to have my amp back for about 15 pence!!!

Got my components from below, but took an eternity to arrive. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S6LBQP8/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1