Contributor - Level 2

BH250 anything but standard tuning? No way to access 2nd Toneprint without footswitch?

Hello all,

just bought the BH250 and so far so good.

The tuner is pretty useless as I don't play in standard, so any way to use that in non-standard tuning?

Also manual says there are 2 Toneprints, how do I toggle, so far only getting one? If I don't get this switch can I use say a Marshall switch or one of my keyboard switches if I decide to try?

houstonmusic Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-09

2019-10-09

BH250 anything but standard tuning? No way to access 2nd Toneprint without footswitch?

Hello all,

just bought the BH250 and so far so good.

The tuner is pretty useless as I don't play in standard, so any way to use that in non-standard tuning?

Also manual says there are 2 Toneprints, how do I toggle, so far only getting one? If I don't get this switch can I use say a Marshall switch or one of my keyboard switches if I decide to try?

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber

Re: BH250 anything but standard tuning? No way to access 2nd Toneprint without footswitch?

Hello Houston!

First off, the tuner..
I know it's a hassle, but since you don't play in standard tuning you'll have to tune your fretted notes and not the open strings. The firmware in the product doesn't let you change the "reference pitch" or whatever it's called for the LEDs on the amp..

Second, TonePrints.
I don't know which manual you have, but the BH250 (head) and the BG250-208 (combo) only support one TonePrint at a time. Sorry.

See if this link works for you:
http://downloads.music-group.com/software/tcelectronic/tc_electronic_bh250_bg250-208_manual_english....

Enjoy your amp!
/Lars

Lars Frederiksen | Triber, Music Tribe Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Triber

Re: BH250 anything but standard tuning? No way to access 2nd Toneprint without footswitch?

Oh, and regarding the switch..
You won't be able to use a "standard" switch for the BH250 (e.g. Marshall switcher)

But the switch 3 (which is the same one internally as the TC Helicon branded one) is fairly simple. 
You may be able to find others on the internet who have built their own one...

/Lars

Triber

Hello Houston!

First off, the tuner..
I know it's a hassle, but since you don't play in standard tuning you'll have to tune your fretted notes and not the open strings. The firmware in the product doesn't let you change the "reference pitch" or whatever it's called for the LEDs on the amp..

Second, TonePrints.
I don't know which manual you have, but the BH250 (head) and the BG250-208 (combo) only support one TonePrint at a time. Sorry.

See if this link works for you:
http://downloads.music-group.com/software/tcelectronic/tc_electronic_bh250_bg250-208_manual_english....

Enjoy your amp!
/Lars

Highlighted
Triber

Oh, and regarding the switch..
You won't be able to use a "standard" switch for the BH250 (e.g. Marshall switcher)

But the switch 3 (which is the same one internally as the TC Helicon branded one) is fairly simple. 
You may be able to find others on the internet who have built their own one...

/Lars

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply!

After reading the manual I was under the impression that I can have Toneprint A and Toneprint B and switch between them via footswitch?

Not that I care that much...it's just that I thought I might plugin one of my current switches and get a little bit of bass boost or something for solos.

Yeah I get it about the tuner...I guess I could fret the notes, still pretty much useless blinking lights for my needs.