Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

BQ500 active/passive switch backwards?

I just received my BQ500 amp and it appears that the active/passive switch is backwards...I also noticed on a review of the BQ250 on Youtube that his unit's switch is backwards too...What gives?
Tags (1)
martyman Contributor - Level 1 2018-11-07

2018-11-07

BQ500 active/passive switch backwards?

I just received my BQ500 amp and it appears that the active/passive switch is backwards...I also noticed on a review of the BQ250 on Youtube that his unit's switch is backwards too...What gives?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: BQ500 active/passive switch backwards?

Hi Martyman,

This is not a known issue. we will look into it. Please allos get in touch with our support team regarding this, so your unit can be fixed if it turns out to be an fault.

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/1089/tech-problems-please-email-tc-support/

Best regards,

Mike
TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me Mike...

Here is a link to the Youtube Video showing the same issue I have..(though his is a Bq250)...the reviewer questioned whether it was just his demo unit but it seems to have gone into production this way..

https://youtu.be/ipVzCHFL1xU
Contributor - Level 2

My BQ500 has the switch reversed too. There does not seem to be any support on the support page. I don't want to register the amp until I know if I am going to return it for this bug.
Contributor - Level 2

Well, Sweetwater was kind enough to send me a replacement BQ500, but it behaves exactly the same as the original, so I returned the replacement and kept the original. I really think this is a front panel silkscreen (active/passive label reversed) and documentation (Thrust LED is on when Thrust switch is turned on) problem, as the amp sounds great even if it does not work as described n the manual.