Contributor - Level 1

Behringer X32 Rack

Hello and thankyou for your time.

I have recently purchased the rack unit for a personal In ears monitoring system and was after some direction in how to go about creating 4 seperate mixes for each member of the band using the application?

All audio would be split in 2x 8in 2out splitters units , the first split would go into the X32(For the in ears) and the second split would go through a balanced patch bay back to FOH.

Jayze Contributor - Level 1 a week ago

a week ago

Behringer X32 Rack

Hello and thankyou for your time.

I have recently purchased the rack unit for a personal In ears monitoring system and was after some direction in how to go about creating 4 seperate mixes for each member of the band using the application?

All audio would be split in 2x 8in 2out splitters units , the first split would go into the X32(For the in ears) and the second split would go through a balanced patch bay back to FOH.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: Behringer X32 Rack

Hi @Jayze 

You've got a great start to your project.

1. Pair busses 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 ( channel or config menu-tab )
  2. On the Routing menu >Output 1-16 tab: Set output 7&8 to be busses 7&8 instead of LR
  3. Select the BUS 1...BUS 7 buttons (Lower Right corner) to send signal to your ears. 

Edit: I'm attaching a scene as a guide.

Contributor - Level 1

I am using 2 Shure PSM300's and am going to run them mono, with left for bandmember one right for bandmember 2 with one unit and same again for the second unit, will the above method/solution work with this setup?

Also how do I view the scene you have attached?  As I could not find an application to open the file.

Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Trusted Contributor - Level 3

@Jayze 

While Stereo IEM mixes will work for application, I wonder if it's the best way for mono IEM.

To build a mix using (the stereo Busses) you would have to pan an instrument to get the proper level for player 1 & 2. If they both like to hear the same (or similar) thing, this might work. This wouldn't work well if the performers are using an app (eg. M32-Q or Mixstation) to make their own mix. 

With a mono bus (feeding mono IEM), raising the send for mic 1 on bus 1 would only affect player 1. I think that would be easier, but I don't know your setup and your prefered way of mixing.

X32-Edit is the behringer's official remote control software for the X32. Use it to view, save, and load scene files.

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/X32/p/P0ASF/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)