Contributor - Level 2

Behringer X32 Rack

Hello and thankyou for your time.

I have recently purchased the rack unit for a personal In ears monitoring system and was after some direction in how to go about creating 4 seperate mixes for each member of the band using the application?

All audio would be split in 2x 8in 2out splitters units , the first split would go into the X32(For the in ears) and the second split would go through a balanced patch bay back to FOH.

Jayze Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-09

2019-07-09

Behringer X32 Rack

Hello and thankyou for your time.

I have recently purchased the rack unit for a personal In ears monitoring system and was after some direction in how to go about creating 4 seperate mixes for each member of the band using the application?

All audio would be split in 2x 8in 2out splitters units , the first split would go into the X32(For the in ears) and the second split would go through a balanced patch bay back to FOH.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Rising Star - Level 1

Re: Behringer X32 Rack

Hi @Jayze 

You've got a great start to your project.

1. Pair busses 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 ( channel or config menu-tab )
  2. On the Routing menu >Output 1-16 tab: Set output 7&8 to be busses 7&8 instead of LR
  3. Select the BUS 1...BUS 7 buttons (Lower Right corner) to send signal to your ears. 

Edit: I'm attaching a scene as a guide.

Contributor - Level 2

I am using 2 Shure PSM300's and am going to run them mono, with left for bandmember one right for bandmember 2 with one unit and same again for the second unit, will the above method/solution work with this setup?

Also how do I view the scene you have attached?  As I could not find an application to open the file.

Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Rising Star - Level 1

@Jayze 

While Stereo IEM mixes will work for application, I wonder if it's the best way for mono IEM.

To build a mix using (the stereo Busses) you would have to pan an instrument to get the proper level for player 1 & 2. If they both like to hear the same (or similar) thing, this might work. This wouldn't work well if the performers are using an app (eg. M32-Q or Mixstation) to make their own mix. 

With a mono bus (feeding mono IEM), raising the send for mic 1 on bus 1 would only affect player 1. I think that would be easier, but I don't know your setup and your prefered way of mixing.

X32-Edit is the behringer's official remote control software for the X32. Use it to view, save, and load scene files.

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/X32/p/P0ASF/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for your reply, I have only just started to try and get this running here is my process.

Bass, Guitar, Vox x2, backing drums stereo, backing synth stereo, live synth stereo, these all go into 2x Art S8 signal splitters

Split 1 to x32.

Split 2 to FOH  through a balanced patchbay.

The split to x32 I would like to turn into 4 individual In ear mixes.

I have 2x Shure PS300 receiveing signal from the Aus outs which feed my in ears.

First I don't know how to go about creating independant mixes per member using X32 edit coming off of the main channels. 

I have seen people using the app and they go to a page and they can go to band members name and turn up and down the volumes of each instrument to taste per bandmember whilst not effecting the main mix.

You say "With a mono bus (feeding mono IEM), raising the send for mic 1 on bus 1 would only affect player 1. I think that would be easier, but I don't know your setup and your prefered way of mixing."

So do I  send each of my instruments  to a bus and for instance Bus 1 is band member 1?

Sorry for the hassle I have been watching all the videos I can and sort of wish there was a video specically about creating these submixes in a step by step process using X32 Edit

Rising Star - Level 1

@Jayze wrote:

So do I  send each of my instruments  to a bus and for instance Bus 1 is band member 1?Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.17.21 PM.pngYes. If you are running mono, then put band member 1 on Bus 1. Push the Bus 1 button (see Photo). Now all any fader you raise will contribute to Bus 1. That's the basics of making a monitor mix. Push Main LR to resume normal mixing or Bus 2 to send signal to Band Member 2.