Contributor - Level 3

Can i get Toneprints on buffered mode on the TC Electronic Flashblack ?

HI!

In the other mode it wasn problem , now i cant get the tone prints

is it a problem in this mode?

arkada Contributor - Level 3 2019-11-11

2019-11-11

Can i get Toneprints on buffered mode on the TC Electronic Flashblack ?

HI!

In the other mode it wasn problem , now i cant get the tone prints

is it a problem in this mode?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Can i get Toneprints on buffered mode on the TC Electronic Flashblack ?

The bypass mode of the pedal has no impact on toneprint beaming functionality.

Please give a more detailed error description !

-how are trying to transfer toneprints to your Flashback delay ?   Via beaming or via USB (-> store via editor)

-which toneprint ar you trying to store in your flashback?  

-If you are Beaming a toneprint-  can you see the pedal LED reacting to the beaming sound containing the toneprint data? 

If you are beaming, please make sure to point mobile device to the selected pickup of your instrument , that you are beaming a toneprint for your Flashback and not for a Flashback 2 , X4 or mini

cheers,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

-how are trying to transfer toneprints to your Flashback delay ?   Via beaming or via USB (-> store via editor)

Beaming

-which toneprint ar you trying to store in your flashback?  

Any of the Toneprint APP

-If you are Beaming a toneprint-  can you see the pedal LED reacting to the beaming sound containing the toneprint data? 

yes, it reacts

If you are beaming, please make sure to point mobile device to the selected pickup of your instrument , that you are beaming a toneprint for your Flashback and not for a Flashback 2 , X4 or mini

- I dont get this. Im beaming the toneprints for my flashback x2 from the toneprint app, in the flashback x2 section

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 1

Out of curiosity, what's your signal chain between your guitar / bass and the Flashback 2? Do you have any other active pedals between them, and are you using the FB2 in an FX loop? Just for troubleshooting's sake, have you tried beaming with just guitar -> cable -> FB2?

Any other active pedals / preamp between the guitar and the pedal that you're trying to beam to can degrade the beam signal to the point that it's still recognized by the pedal (i.e. it flashes) but won't be usable anymore.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Oh! I didnt know that.
The signal chain is guitar > tuner > Boss ps6 (pitch shifter) > Fender pugilist distortion > flashback
The thing is the last month i had more pedals, but the toneprints were fine
But im gonna try beaming the toneprints, just with my guitar and the flashback
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

The Toneprint beaming sound is quite robust and can handle a bit of distortion, but when passing a pitchshifter or Modulation Fx the data signal gets scrambled and your pedal cannot read the Toneprint data.

Cheers,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

ok  thank you very much, im gonna try it without the other pedals