Contributor - Level 1

Connecting TC-Helicon Acoustic Play directly to am with no mixer.

I have a TC-Helicon Harmonizer GTX, which I can connect directly to an amp with no intermediate mixer.  Works great.  Just recently purchased a TC-Helicon Acoustic Play, set-up is similar to GTX.  Only problem is that none of the harmonizer fundtions work.  Can hear my guitar and my voice, but no harmonies when I try to engage the various harmonizer effects.  Checked to make sure mic gain was OK, guitar input was solid, and XLR from mono (L) was securelt plugged into XLR mic input on amp.  Can't get any harmonies.  Tried it out with just headphone connections.  Same problem.  Is there a problem with the unit, or am I doing something wrong?  Help!

Dmwieg Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-08

2019-10-08

Connecting TC-Helicon Acoustic Play directly to am with no mixer.

I have a TC-Helicon Harmonizer GTX, which I can connect directly to an amp with no intermediate mixer.  Works great.  Just recently purchased a TC-Helicon Acoustic Play, set-up is similar to GTX.  Only problem is that none of the harmonizer fundtions work.  Can hear my guitar and my voice, but no harmonies when I try to engage the various harmonizer effects.  Checked to make sure mic gain was OK, guitar input was solid, and XLR from mono (L) was securelt plugged into XLR mic input on amp.  Can't get any harmonies.  Tried it out with just headphone connections.  Same problem.  Is there a problem with the unit, or am I doing something wrong?  Help!

Triber Moderator

Re: Connecting TC-Helicon Acoustic Play directly to am with no mixer.

Hey @Dmwieg,
Is it possible you purchased the PlayAcoustic second-hand and its settings are screwed up?  If so, please factory reset your unit by holding the "Back" and "Store" buttons while powering on the unit.  Also please hook it up to VoiceSupport 2 to ensure it's running the latest firmware (build 48).  WIth that you should be up and running.  Keep in mind a lot of the factory presets have the harmony effect mapped to the Hit footswitch.  Also please don't be afraid of the manual.  Good luck!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Solution Leader

Re: Connecting TC-Helicon Acoustic Play directly to am with no mixer.

Press the Mix button and see if the harmony levels are globally turned down. You can globally adjust other levels here as well

David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs