Contributor - Level 2

Deepmind 12 Patch file import

Hello! Looking for help to import patches into the Deepmind 12. There is no real instructions on how to do this online and submitting a ticket to musictribe gets no reply. 

It is a SYX file that I am trying to import with over 100 new patches (purchased online).

I found this article on how to transfer them from deepmind to computer but not the other way around:
https://kb.musictribe.com/view/article/behringer/en_US/Deepmind-12-How-do-I-transfer-sysex-files
Hope you can help!

Thanks

NoizeyOne Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-08

2019-08-08

Deepmind 12 Patch file import

Hello! Looking for help to import patches into the Deepmind 12. There is no real instructions on how to do this online and submitting a ticket to musictribe gets no reply. 

It is a SYX file that I am trying to import with over 100 new patches (purchased online).

I found this article on how to transfer them from deepmind to computer but not the other way around:
https://kb.musictribe.com/view/article/behringer/en_US/Deepmind-12-How-do-I-transfer-sysex-files
Hope you can help!

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: Deepmind 12 Patch file import

Hi @NoizeyOne 

Many MIDI sequencers can send and receive MIDI SysEx files. Which computer platform are you using?

Contributor - Level 2

I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I already have the Deepmind interface software and wireless midi set up if that helps.

Thanks for the reply

@NoizeyOne 

I've never been able to import a SysEx patch into the DM editor to transfer it to my deep mind. Loading the SysEx message into your MIDI sequencer (DAW) and then tranfering it should be pretty simple. There are SysEx utilities for windows. MIDI-OX seems to be common, but it's really old. SNOIZE makes a good one for OSX.

Contributor - Level 2

I see.. Thanks for the info! 

Are there any links you can provide me with detailed instructions? I am so new at this a lot of the language goes right over my head. I appreciate the convo Dave!

I did find this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBnrLqOIkEY&t=161s) but it seems he has made it only for his own patches?

@NoizeyOne 

SysEx (System Exclusive) is a message formatted for a specific piece of hardware. The message is transmitted over MIDI and starts with F0 (in hexidecimal), then has data identifying the  manufacture and model, other info, the message payload, and finally F7. 

All you need to do is find a piece of software to load and send it. MIDI-OX for Windows seems to be popular even though it seems archaic. C6 by Elektron also seems to work.  This video shows some one sending SysEx to a different synth using MIDI-OX. Though the SysEx message is completely different, the method of transfer is the same. 

If you want a do anything, super-deluxe editor look at MIDI Quest