Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Deepmind 12 app

Hello,

I recently bought the Deepmind 12D. It is a fine instrument that did not give me any problem.
I downloaded the app for IOS as well as the app for MAC-OS. I was able to make a connection with the IOS app over wifi and the app seems to work fine with my synth. However, it was only when I started to use the MAC-OS app that I was confronted with the existence of an available firmware update 1.1.2. I confirmed and the update was done without problem.

Now for the problems that I met with the MAC-OS app. I have to mention that I recently updated all my MAC-OS to the latest Mojave version. The app always gives an error message and report when quitting the app. Another problem that I met is when I change FX values on the app these values do indeed appear on my Deepmind display, but as soon as I play a note on my keyboard (USB connected via computer and Ableton Live) the values always jumps to zero or 100. This does not happen when using the IOS app.

Could it be that the MAC-OS app is not suitable yet for use with MAC-OS Mojave ???
Will there be another update over the 1.04 version ?
Anybody else having this experience ?
BramMooij Contributor - Level 2 2018-10-02

2018-10-02

Deepmind 12 app

Hello,

I recently bought the Deepmind 12D. It is a fine instrument that did not give me any problem.
I downloaded the app for IOS as well as the app for MAC-OS. I was able to make a connection with the IOS app over wifi and the app seems to work fine with my synth. However, it was only when I started to use the MAC-OS app that I was confronted with the existence of an available firmware update 1.1.2. I confirmed and the update was done without problem.

Now for the problems that I met with the MAC-OS app. I have to mention that I recently updated all my MAC-OS to the latest Mojave version. The app always gives an error message and report when quitting the app. Another problem that I met is when I change FX values on the app these values do indeed appear on my Deepmind display, but as soon as I play a note on my keyboard (USB connected via computer and Ableton Live) the values always jumps to zero or 100. This does not happen when using the IOS app.

Could it be that the MAC-OS app is not suitable yet for use with MAC-OS Mojave ???

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Deepmind 12 app

Hi Bram, welcome to the forum.

I might be able to shed some light on your concerns.

Bram Mooij;153081 wrote:
The app always gives an error message and report when quitting the app.

If I remember correctly this has been the case with the latest version of the DeepMind 12 Editor software since it was released, so I'm pretty sure it's not specific to Mojave in any way. Obviously it's not a big deal because you're already closing the software anyways, but I expect that the next release version will correct this.

Bram Mooij;153081 wrote:
Another problem that I met is when I change FX values on the app these values do indeed appear on my Deepmind display, but as soon as I play a note on my keyboard (USB connected via computer and Ableton Live) the values always jumps to zero or 100. This does not happen when using the IOS app.

I've not yet heard of anyone else experiencing this. If that behavior was specific to Mojave then trying to do it on another computer equipped with MacOS prior to Mojave then that might point to a compatibility problem. Would it be possible for you to make a short video clip demonstrating how you are able to recreate this behavior on your synth and then share it with us?

Might also be worth trying to close out your DAW completely along with any other audio programs you have running on your computer and then see if the behavior persists. If that cures it then the audio software on your computer might be playing a role in what you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Partially solved now

The jumping values problem was indeed caused by my DAW setup. It was some kind of midi looping conflict. When in Ableton I filter my midi input for the instrument to one specific keyboard attached (instead of "all in") the problem does not occur. Thank you for the suggestion.

The crash problem still persists an is a bit disturbing.

regards
Bram
Triber Moderator

Bram Mooij;153188 wrote:
The jumping values problem was indeed caused by my DAW setup. It was some kind of midi looping conflict. When in Ableton I filter my midi input for the instrument to one specific keyboard attached (instead of "all in") the problem does not occur. Thank you for the suggestion.

I figured that would probably be the case.

Bram Mooij;153188 wrote:
The crash problem still persists an is a bit disturbing.

A bit inconvenient, certainly. Disturbing?

Anyways, glad to hear everything is again working as expected. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance for you here in the forum.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Still 1.04 ???

I am surprised to see that the Mac Deepmind editor is still at version 1.04, while there is this known issue of crashing when exiting the app
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem on mojave.The editor quit unexpectedly.An other one problem i found.When i move cycle symbol at blender slot the sounds stop...