Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Deepmind CC Control with Ableton

First of all, hi there it's my first post in this Forum.
I'm really happy with my Deepmind 12 and I also use it as Controller Keyboard for Ableton. The only thing missing is an option to control VST's in Ableton with all the Knobs and Faders the Deepmind has. I can see that it sends MIDI CC and NRPN Messages with MIDI Monitor but can't get Ableton to Midi Learn them. Has anyone done this and can get me a helping hand?

Greets and Happy New Years Eve
Aurel
AurelSchüpbach Contributor - Level 1 2018-12-31

2018-12-31

Deepmind CC Control with Ableton

I'm really happy with my Deepmind 12 and I also use it as Controller Keyboard for Ableton. The only thing missing is an option to control VST's in Ableton with all the Knobs and Faders the Deepmind has. I can see that it sends MIDI CC and NRPN Messages with MIDI Monitor but can't get Ableton to Midi Learn them. Has anyone done this and can get me a helping hand?

Aurel

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Deepmind CC Control with Ableton

@AurelSchüpbach wrote:

Aurel

I'm also having trouble getting Ableton to recognize any parameter movement on the Deepmind, like automating the Filter over 4 bars etc. Currently using USB to connect to my computer 

track sync remote all on

Anyone had luck with this?

cdot
Tags (4)
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Deepmind CC Control with Ableton

I have attached a couple photos to show how my settings are set up on Ableton

Ableton.PNGtempsnip.png

You will notice that Ableton is receiving midi showing that yellow dot, but isn't changing on the clip side... Still says Mixer and Speaker

On the Deepmind I have these settings

>>Midi Settings
Midi-Ctrl Cc
Prog-Change RX
RX-Channel 1
Tx-Channel 1
Soft-Thru Off
Midi>USB-Thru Off
Midi>Wifi-Thru Off

>>USB Settings
USB-Ctrl Cc
Prog-Change RX