stockdizzle Contributor - Level 2 2017-12-11

2017-12-11

Ditto X4: all lights frozen orange/green

Just bought an X4, took it out of the box, and all the lights are frozen orange/green (depending on what angle you view them). Nothing works. Also, no owners manual came with it, which I thought was weird.

Tried boot mode (according to TC support) by unplugging the X4, plugging in the USB, holding the loop 1 button down, then plugging the power back in while still holding loop 1, but nada.

Thoughts?

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Ditto X4: all lights frozen orange/green

I don’t know if this is going to help anybody else because I don’t know each individual case, but last night at my practice spot I was playing a song that I use the x4 on, where I use the effects to play a loop once and once the sound engaged, it froze and the pedal totally stopped responding. The frozen sound continued til I unplugged the pedal and upon turning it back on I got all orange lights. This morning I got up, plugged it into my Mac, downloaded the firmware and was met with the same issue: all orange. I read in another forum that one of the firmware updates wouldn’t take using a Mac so I plugged it into my girls PC, did the firmware update at the bottom and once powering back on, my pedal is back to normal. The firmware I downloaded was here:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/22072/new-ditto-x4-firmware-1300-public-beta-available/

Hope this helps! Sorry if this info is redundant.
Contributor - Level 2

If you're still having issues please subscribe to this thread: http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/24716/debugging-a-bricked-ditto-x4/

Given TC's utter lack of meaningful and useful support I've taken it upon myself to debug the issue and make a solution we can all use.

I hope to have a working solution in the next week or so.
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hi all,

everybody that experiences issues with his or her Ditto X4, please get in touch with our tech support teams via the link below.

We have seen the described issue with some SD cards failing and the units can be fixed as part of service repair.

an indication for possible SDcard failure leading to the non-booting issue is if the unit cannot be brought into boot mode and a tried firmware update fails. Our supporters will assist you assessing the problem and advise you how to proceed best and have your units fixed.

You can contact our tech support team via the following link:
https://music-group.force.com/support/s/caseforms?language=en_US&brand=tcelectronic&fomtype=servicer...
Alternativly, you can also write to: CARECREA@MUSICTRIBE.COM

Please include your product serialnumber in your support request and try if you can get your Ditto X4 into boot mode as described below:

Preparing the firmware update/setting your Ditto X4 into Boot mode

- Unplug all cables (including the power supply) from your TC pedal.
- Connect the pedal to your computer using a USB cable.
- Press and hold (min 3 seconds) the leftmost footswitch (Lp1) on your Ditto X4.
- Insert the DC power supply plug while keeping the switch pressed.

!!!The leftmost LED on your pedal should turn green. -- wait until the the loop1 LED turns off – now release the Loop1 footswitch and wait until all LEDs are green – you are now in boot mode!!

-Release the footswitch

If the LEDS are not turning green (and stay lit) - the SD card might have failed and you should get in touch with our support team to help you getting your unit fixed.

best regards, Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Your link is not working. I am also having the same problem. Can you help?

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hi Ballswick,

Please get in touch with our support team regading this. They will advice you on how to best fix the product:

https://music-group.force.com/support/s/caseforms?language=en_US&brand=tcelectronic&fomtype=servicer...

Best regards, 

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

So am I. In need of getting this fixed pronto. Pressed the link above to no prevail.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hello, I have the same problem with the Looper, and the link to the support page is not working for me either - thanks for help !

nh