eatyrghost Contributor - Level 2 2016-10-19

2016-10-19

Ditto X4 not working - all four lights remain on orange

A weird issue. I went into my practice space tonight, powered up my board and my Ditto X4's lights were essentially remaining on in an orangey-green colour. Periodically, they audibly click off and on again.

I got the pedal home, downloaded the firmware update to my Mac, connected the pedal and... the package within the firmware DMG was allegedly corrupt. I explored the package, navigated to the executable, and ran that from my desktop instead. It seemed to work.

The firmware update took a long time, but once it completed... same issue. The lights are an orangey green, clicking off and on again periodically.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to fix it? Given the myriad issues the X2s have (I upgraded from one), and the fact the Nova range fried a power supply a couple of years back, I am rapidly losing faith in TC products.

• 0 Kudos
  • 14 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Ditto X4 not working - all four lights remain on orange

todd4946 wrote:
Arnieus wrote:
My X4 has this same problem.

This is the exact problem I have as well. WTF TC?, Please at least respond to your customers' sincere inquiries.

I too bought your giant-sized looper pedal with the expectation that I could keep it off my board (using midi instead).

This really sucks.

To be fair, the forum is a peer to peer user forum, so if you need help, I'd follow the sticky post on the main page and open a support ticket. Support has been very helpful to me on my X4 re: a similar issue.
John Reynolds
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I am not a happy looper.
My X4 was locked up so I shipped it off to High Energy Repair, Inc, the closest warranty support. Took 2 weeks to get it back, and it worked twice. Now locked up again.

Anyone from TC Electronics on this list? I spent $10 bucks shipping this thing for nothing. What do I do now?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I am having the same problem! Just got a replacement unit and out of the box it turns on all with orange lights!
My mac won't see it when connecting to USB. I was able to get the software downloaded but how I am I supposed to use it if the unit won't talk to my computer!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I have this exact problem. This is my 2nd X4, having returned one for this same issue. The firmware updater won't open on either my Macbook Air or my Mac Mini. Says the file is damaged.

Please direct me to a valid firmware updater. I don't own a PC.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Folks, I debugged the problem and have documented the solution in this thread: http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/24716/debugging-a-bricked-ditto-x4/

No need for service repairs, tech support, etc. Good luck!