Contributor - Level 1

Ditto X4 - will auto-record be possible?

I am planning to buy a Ditto X4 (although i hope some of the bugs mentioned in recent posts will be ironed out).

What I am hoping for in the future is that it will be able to auto-record: i.e., put it into Standby mode, then it starts recording as soon as you play a note (whose loudness is above a preselected threshold). I did this all the time with my Echoplex Digital Pro, it saved me having to hit the record button exactly when I start to play, which sometimes misses.

Could such a function be created via a firmware update - or might it require the creation of a new model?

Anyway, it's a must-have, as far as I'm concerned!

Morgan
Tags (1)
morganfisher Contributor - Level 1 2017-08-05

2017-08-05

Ditto X4 - will auto-record be possible?

I am planning to buy a Ditto X4 (although i hope some of the bugs mentioned in recent posts will be ironed out).

What I am hoping for in the future is that it will be able to auto-record: i.e., put it into Standby mode, then it starts recording as soon as you play a note (whose loudness is above a preselected threshold). I did this all the time with my Echoplex Digital Pro, it saved me having to hit the record button exactly when I start to play, which sometimes misses.

Could such a function be created via a firmware update - or might it require the creation of a new model?

Anyway, it's a must-have, as far as I'm concerned!

Morgan

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Ditto X4 - will auto-record be possible?

thanks for the input- forwarded it to our developers. it might be challenging to implement such a feature with regards to UI - you'd need to be able to activate / deactivate the auto record feature as not everybody wants to have it on all the time. you'd also need a threshold control to trigger auto recording as it makes a difference if you record a guitar or a Line level instrument. Given the possibilities of the UI elements, i cannot think of a "lean" way to implement it. Nevertheless it is a very good idea in general.
TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs